Chapter 48

Liam walked around the school with Louis. It had been past half an hour and they still couldn't find Harry.

Liam was confused though. He didn't know what it was but something about that letter had caused Louis to go mad. The only thing Louis told Liam was that it wasn't like Harry to write that. And it wasn't like Harry to go home.

"Liam!" Niall came running up to them. His eyes were wet, and he was out of breath.

"Niall, what is it?" Liam asked immediately. He hated seeing Niall cry.

"They found someone." Niall's words were soft. He turned and looked at Louis. "They found him."

Liam turned his head to Louis, to see the color drain of his face. "Found who, Niall?"

Niall spoke quietly. "Harry Styles."

Liam felt his heart drop, and on instinct he reached and grabbed Louis. But Louis was strong and let go, running out of the building.

He followed him, along with Niall. They stopped outside the courtyard, which was jam-packed with people. Girls were crying, people were screaming, but Liam couldn't hear them. He pushed through the crowd, holding onto Niall. He had to find Louis.

He stopped when he noticed the rope on the tree and the stool below it. And there was Louis, whose knees grew weak as he fell to the ground.

Liam ran up beside him, holding onto his shaking body, shielding his eyes from seeing anything. He watched unable to process anything, as the professors lay a sheet over Harry's lifeless body.

Still holding Louis, he looked up at the crowds of people. He spotted Zayn, who looked away immediately, not wanting Liam to see him cry. His eyes moved over to the Slytherins; Arius Malfoy was also in tears.

Niall came and sat by Liam, putting his arm around him. Liam moved the muscles that make him smile, and held Louis tight, trying to protect him.

"We have to move his body inside." The words came from a teacher, and then Harry's body was lifted up.

Louis turned his head from Liam's shoulders to look. His face broke Liam's heart.

Seeing the body, Louis got up from where he sat, tears streaming down his face. He pulled himself from Liam and began to run.

"Louis!" Liam tried to hold him back, but Zayn stopped him.

"He needs to be alone right now."

Liam silently watched, as Louis ran into the forest, not looking back.