Chapter 40

Louis lay in his bed, completely confused to where he was.

Looking around the room, he noticed he was in the hospital wing surrounded by many others. Why were the all there? And more importantly, why was he there?

He sat up in his bed, brutal pain striking his body. "Ouch." He looked down to see his right arm covered in bandages, along with his foot.

"He's up!" Liam was the first to notice.

Louis watched him run towards the bed, smiling like crazy. Behind him were Zayn Malik, Niall Horan, and a few other familiar faces.

"Louis, you alright?" Liam asked, cautiously looking at him.

Louis frowned. What had happened to him?

 Zayn Malik came closer to where he was, and smiled at Louis.

 Louis just looked at him back, puzzled. What was going on? He looked around the sea of faces, looking for one that he had dreamed of. But he couldn't find it. "Where's Harry?"

His question brought frowns to everyone's face.

"We just thought it would be better if he wasn't here when you woke up." Liam spoke quietly.

"Why?! I'm not upset with him anymore. I need to talk to him." He looked around at everyone, not understanding anything.

Liam spoke finally, breaking the tension. "But...I thought you would be mad."

"Mad? We kissed. It's all better now."

Zayn frowned. "But don't you remember what else happened?"

Louis tried, but he couldn't remember anything besides that kiss.

"Something else happened." Zayn continued. "After-"

"After you kissed, you had quite a fall." Liam interrupted him, shooting him a stern look.

It made Louis even more confused. "What?"

But before either could explain, Madame Pomfrey came running towards him, yelling at the boys to leave him alone and that he needed rest. She gave him some bitter tasting potion to heal him, and his friends were sent away.

Louis lay back down, the potion taking over his body. He slowly fell to sleep, craving the answers to everything that had happened.