Chapter 39

Harry ran after Arius, emotions running wild through his brain. He had no idea what was going to happen.

He saw Arius stop in front of a group of Slytherins. Arius was completely out of breath, but his eyes were wild.

Harry went to stop him. He knew what Arius was capable of. He knew he could tear Louis and him apart. But he wasn't going to let that happen. He couldn't let anyone find out about this. Not yet. Not when things were so twisted.

"Arius, I have to talk to you."

"Talk to me?" Arius's laugh was wicked. "Just like how you were ‘talking' with that gay Gryffindor?"

Harry shook his head, as everyone around him laughed. No, this is not supposed to happen. He ignored all the questions from the others asking Arius what he was talking about.

"Why don't you ask Harry?" Arius turned towards him, grinning. "What were you doing with Louis Tomlinson? Why were you....talking to him?"

Harry looked at all the other Slytherins, taunting him. He looked at Arius. These people were supposed to be his friends. Would they still be his friends after they knew?

Harry laughed a fake laugh. "I would never talk to that faggot." After the last word left him, he bit the inside of his cheek, drawing blood.

"Oh, is that so, Harry?"

Harry didn't even need to turn around to see whose voice that was. He didn't want to turn around to see a face-a beautiful and patient face, a face that he knew would be broken.

Louis stood behind Harry, his jaw tense, and his hand clenched tight around his wand. Harry thought he was about to hex him, but Louis loosened his grip and took a step back, running out of the room.

"That's better." Arius, smiled. "If only we could get rid of the others."

Harry turned around and punched Arius straight in the eye. Arius howled, and fell back, cursing at him. But Harry didn't care. He began to run towards Louis, but was stopped by Liam.

"WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU?!"

Harry never knew Liam could be so angry. But Liam's eyes turned dark, and his hand was also held around his wand.

"I have to talk to Louis." Harry tried to stay calm and make his way around Liam, but this time Hayley stepped foward.

"Harry, why would you do that?!" Her eyes were furious with him.

"Get away from me." Harry shoved her aside.

"Don't touch her." Zayn pushed Harry, his face full of anger. "You're such a fucking twat. You don't deserve him." 

"Get your hands off me, you wanker!" Harry looked at Zayn right in the eyes, ready to hex him.

That's when Zayn squared him straight in the jaw.

Harry looked at him, spitting blood out of his mouth. The staff members came rushing towards them, the hall in dead silence.

Harry pushed them all aside and ran after Louis. Liam and Zayn running after him as well.

"Louis!" He spotted Louis on the staircase. Trying to making his way up, he almost tripped when the staircase started moving.

"Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson get down here this instant!" the Headmaster's voice echoed through the halls, as groups of students ran out to see what was going on. Harry knew he should listen, but he was so close to Louis.

He looked up at him, standing on the staircase right above him. "Louis. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Louis tried to back away from Harry, but the staircase starting moving, and he fell.

Harry watched the whole thing, his world turning into slow motion.

Louis falling....

Louis hitting the floor hard...

Louis not getting up.

Everyone ran towards the motionless body on the cold hard floor, but Harry was the fastest. He gained strength he never thought he had, and pushed everyone aside, crouching down besides his friend. He didn't want to look at the faces, but he knew everyone was there. Liam, Zayn, Arius, Niall, even Hayley and Dianna. They were all looking, their faces in complete shock.

"Louis..." He threw himself on the body, his face wet in tears. "Louis, I'm so sorry."