10. Stubborn Archer

Recognized: Speedy B-0-6."

"Will someone please correct this stupid computer already!? It's Red. Arrow."

Robin froze when he heard the stomping footsteps of a hotheaded ginger coming down the hall. His grip on the white sheets beneath his fingers tightened slightly as he nervously bit his lip.

The bird tensed slightly and kept his head down when the footsteps stopped at the door.

"Wally, I swear if you prank call me again-"

Silence followed when the archer cut himself off.

Robin loosened his grip on the sheets and slowly lifted his head to meet Roy's eyes.

The ginger teen had a look of confusion mixed with worry written all over his face. Before...

"...the hell is going on here?"

No one said a word.

"Someone better start talking right now."

When everyone stayed silent, the archer growled and turned to the bird on the bed. "Talk. Now."

Robin shifted his gaze away from the young hero's impatient face and looked to Wally for help, only to get a fearful shake of the speedster's head in response.

The Boy Wonder stifled a sigh and looked back to Red Arrow. "I'm...sick?"

"Is that an answer or a question?"

"An...answer?"

"Robin."

"I'm sick."

"What are you in the infirmary for then? It can't be that bad."

"Um..."

Roy narrowed his eyes at the bird and walked over, lifting the sheets to check the ill bird's small frame over for any injuries. "Stop lying to me and tell me where you're hurt."

"I'm not-"

"I said stop it."

"Roy, he's not hurt."

Red Arrow let go of the bird's arm that he was checking over and turned to Wally. "Why the hell is he hooked up to all these machines then? And don't lie to me by saying he's sick."

"He-"

The green eyed speedster was interrupted when the masked bird on the bed broke into a coughing fit.

Roy looked at his little brother figure in confusion while the rest of the team set into a state of panic.

Wally bolted over to his best friend's bedside, seeming to vibrate anxiously when the 13-year old put a hand to his chest and hunched over as his coughs turned to breathless wheezes, the heart monitor spiking erratically.

The speedster's hands shakily hovered over the bird's hunched form. "R-Rob?"

The breathless sidekick reached an arm out to the side, motioning to the oxygen mask left at his bedside.

Wally seemed to get the message and immediately grabbed the mask, pressing it to the young hero's face in an attempt to help him breathe.

Robin brought a hand up to hold the mask to his mouth, squeezing his eyes shut as the heart monitor slowed down to a steady beat again.

Roy, on the other hand, stared at the unfolding scene with a dumbfounded expression before it morphed into worry. "Someone explain to me what's going on."