35. Bird & Flash.

"Rob... I.." Wally's mouth suddenly felt dry and he didn't know what to say when Dick hugged him.

"It's okay." The thirteen year old said briefly before sticking a lollipop into his best friend's mouth with a silly grin. "Sweets make everything better."

"I'm just waiting for you to crash!" Roy yelled as the boy ran around the mall.

Wally smiled, staring helplessly at Dick as he climbed up a stack of toilet paper. "Roy..."

"Don't worry," the archer slapped him on the back. "He'll have a sugar crash before he actually crashes into something."

"That wasn't what I meant..." The speedster trailed off.

"I know." Roy frowned. "It could have happened to anyone."

"Yeah."

"And it was just a suggestion, no one is sure about anything." Roy poked the solemn Wally. "Cheer up, Dick's happy." the archer pointed to the bird.

"Yeah..."

"He won't hate you." Roy urged.

"Yeah, sure." Wally sighed.

"Wally..." The archer frowned as the speedster walked away.

-=-

"Watch Dick." Bruce said those words before he and Roy left for Gotham, leaving Wally and Dick in the empty and newly owned mall.

"Okay," Wally, unlike his usual self, didn't ask any questions and just held on to the ninja-like boy before he disappeared.

"Hey, Walls."

Wally sighed and the boy only continued.

"Wallyo?"

"Wall-e?"

"Wall the wall master?"

"Yes Dickie." The speedster dragged his gaze to his friend.

"Can we play?"

"No."

"Aww." The bird pouted. "No's not fair."

Wally flicked the thirteen year old's forehead. "Would you prefer going back to the bird friendly room?"

Batman's partner shivered. "No, never."

"Good." Wally said, looking satisfied as he continued reading the book in his hand.

"Hey, can we play a game?"

"Rob..." Wally groaned and put down the book.

"Just one game!"

"Again?"

"It won't have any strenuous activity, I promise!"

"Nothing stressful?" Wally asked doubtfully.

"Nothing stressful." Dick repeated while nodding.

-=-

"I'm so tired." Dick sniffed, cradled in Wally's hands.

"We shouldn't have played tag at the mall then." The speedster teased the boy, ruffling his hair as they walked out the mall, the sun setting in the background.

"I know, it's bad for my heart," The young acrobat yawned. "I just felt like if I didn't play tag now..."

Wally stared at his little brother as he blinked in a failing effort to stay awaker. "What?"

"I wouldn't be able to for a long time..."

That just broke Wally's heart, but before he could say a thing, Dick was already asleep.

"I'm so sorry D." The ginger haired teen couldn't help but hold Dick closer to his chest. "I'm sorry that all this happened."

Just then, his comm beeped, it was Batman. "Bring him to the batcave." he said curtly, cutting the call before Wally could fully react.

After staring blankly at the sky for some minutes, Wally smiled softly, brushing hair out of Dick's face. "If sweets make things better then you're all the candy in the world... Just get better okay?"

Wally hugged the sleeping bird to his chest. "For me, please? I... I don't know what I'd do without my sugar high, dickie bird."

The speedster reached up to wipe the tear from his eye just as another hand did it for him. Wally looked down in shock to see the youngest Grayson staring wide eyed at him. "I.. I thought you were sleeping."

Dick only smiled, nestling into Wally's chest. "I love you too, Walls."

The speedster sighed. "Let's get you home, before Batman kills me for wasting time."

"You didn't say it back." Said the silky voice that seemed to be able to freeze time, or at least freeze a ginger haired speedster about to run.

"I love you too, Dick."

-

I HAD TO DO THIS!!! GOSH, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL.