13. Slumber

Robin stared at the TV screen quietly, his blue eyes half lidded and tired behind his mask as his head rested on Roy's shoulder. Red Arrow tightened his arm around the little bird's small waist to help support his weakened body. They had been watching TV for the last three hours and everyone else had fallen asleep.

Kaldur was asleep in a wooden chair on the other side of the couch with a book on the mystic arts spread out over his lap. Superboy had passed out on another chair next to the atlantian, M'gann's head resting on his chest as she slept in his arms. Artemis had fallen asleep on the floor, a cushion under her head as soft snores slipped past her lips every now and then.
Wally was currently stretched out across the couch, using Robin's upper thigh as a pillow. Robin himself, seemed like he was on the verge of passing out as well.

Roy nudged the bird in his side lightly, causing him to flinch and look up at the archer sleepily. "Wha...'oy?" His voice was slightly slurred and soft.

The archer chuckled slightly and lifted a hand to ruffle the smaller boy's hair. "Sleepy birdy?"

Robin either ignored the nickname or was too tired to acknowledge it,"Yeah..."

"Want me to carry you to your room?"

He shook his head slowly in response. "...no...I wanna stay here...."

"Robin, your bed would be much more comfortable than this." Roy tried to reason with the kid, but Robin shook his head again, not mouthing a voiced response as he rested his head on Roy's shoulder again, his eyes sliding shut behind the mask.

Red Arrow sighed and nudged the boy again, but got no response. The kid was fast asleep.

"Recognized: Batman B-0."

The archer turned his head to the door when The Dark Knight entered the room.

"Batman."

"Red Arrow."

They stared at each other for a moment in silence before Roy bit his lip and spoke,"It's not good news, is it?"