43. The Awkwardness.

It was official, Dick didn't like getting sick, if this could be qualified as getting 'sick'. It had been half a week, and he had passed out twice. The first time, he couldn't remember what he and Bruce argued about after waking up, and now, he couldn't remember how Wally got hurt and what they were even doing in this broken down house. Dick hated it. He didn't like not remembering and he especially hated it when people lied to him, that was why when he asked Wally what happened and he said nothing, the thirteen year old almost snapped.

"Wally," Dick mumbled under his breath, his fists clenched in anger but his voice low as ever. "Where's Bruce?"

"At the mall," Wally answered hesitantly, slowly pulling the boy away from him. "Are you okay though?"

"I'm fine." The acrobat wanted to slap his friend's hands away, but he was even too tired to be angry. "What happened when I was out cold?" Dick managed to ask, despite the painful pounding in his skull.

Wally shrugged, leaning against the wall behind him and avoiding his gaze. "Nothing much."

Dick let out a breath, snuggling into his brother's chest. "Thanks anyway."

Wally stiffened, Dick didn't know if it was because he had accidentally touched his wound, but the bird couldn't even move if he wanted to.

"For what?" The speedster asked quietly, looking down at the frowning boy.

"For saving me."

"I didn't-" Wally started uncomfortably.

"And yeah, you're lying to me." Dick cut him off with his trademark laugh. "I'll find out why soon."

The ginger haired teen gulped. "How will you-"

Before he could finish his sentence, Dick slapped his hand against his mouth just as footsteps echoed through the building.

"Search this house, they shouldn't have gotten far." A sinister sounding voice soon followed after.

Dick glared at Wally, quietly shouting into his ear as the voice faded away. "People are looking for us and you say it's 'nothing much'?!"

The ginger haired hero looked away, his voice muffled be his best friend's hand. "I just didn't want you worried."

"And how is that working out!" Dick snapped, shifting to Wally's side and bringing out his utility belt.

"I'm sorry okay."

"Dude," Dick said pointedly, noticing how awkward Wally was acting.

"What?" Wally turned to him only to turn away again.

A smirk slowly formed on the bird's lips. "Did something else happen?"

"N-No," the speedster stuttered, leaning away from Dick.

"Really?" The boy shifted closer to his friend. "Then why don't I believe you?"

"I... I don't know." came the nervous reply of the teen.

"Sure," Dick said triumphantly to Wally's confusion, then he whispered. "I was thinking, when I woke up, we were really close together, is that why?"

"N-No."

"Oh," The bat frowned in thought, his eyes dimming for a moment before he spoke up again. "Is it because you had to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation on me just now when I was unconscious?"

"I..." Wally's eyes flickered and he bit his lip, thinking for a second before nodding his head slowly.

Dick grinned. "I knew it!"

At his loud, yet quiet proclamation, Wally frowned, realizing he was played. The speedster hit his friend lightly, too afraid of actually hurting him after what he had just gone through. "You knew all along, didn't you?"

The bird cackled. "That's what you get for lying to me."

Wally only stared at his friend, wondering what he did to deserve his torment. "I was afraid... For you heart."

Dick couldn't help but snort. "What? Because you want it all for yourself?" the thirteen year old teased.

Wally scoffed, playing along. "No way! You're such a terrible kisser."

Dick glared at his friend. "I was unconscious."

The speedster narrowed his eyes at the bat. "Excuses."

"Well, excuse me if I'm interrupting this lovefest, but guys are coming to kill slash sell or maim you." The voice of the archer they knew all to well floated into the room.

"Roy." They both turned to glare at the chuckling Archer.

"Hey hey!" He raised his hand in surrender, taking a step back as he looked at the two teens snuggled up next to each other and glaring at him. "I was just kidding!"

Dick narrowed his eyes at his brother. "I'm telling Batman."

Roy visibly paled. " Dickie, come on, have a heart."

"This is what you get." He started with a smirk. "For lying to me."

The archer glared at Wally, who only chuckled, not in the mood to help.

"You're such a troll," Roy snapped at the bird.

"And you're the bridge I live under." Batman's apprentice shot back.

"What does that even mean?!" Roy shouted in frustration, just as a series of gunshots rang out through the broken down house.

Dick only smirked, throwing down a handful of smoke bombs. "I am so telling Batman."

Staring at the empty spot that once contained Dick, Wally and Roy looked at each other.

"That boy would be the death of me." The archer facepalmed.

"Next time we go to the mall," Wally started with a groan. "You're the one watching him."

"You're his best friend." Roy frowned. "You should watch him."

"He thinks of you as his brother."

Roy rolled his eyes. "You and him are practically inseparable."

Wally sighed. "Touché."

"But we are all family." The speedster added.

"But you're closer family..." Roy persisted.

"Dude, you're older!"

The archer stared at the speedster blankly. "So?"

"Hey guys, I know you're both fighting over me and I'm flattered, but can we please get out of here?" Dick waved from behind them.

"Why?" Roy asked suspiciously, just as the house was filled with beeping sounds.

"Because," Dick started childishly, holding up the detonator in his hand. "This place is about to go boom."

-
Tada!😋

Now, I see some BirdFlash lovers in the comments and some Not-so-BirdFlash lovers... I actually have an headache right now, but I'm gonna go reply you guys.