54. Masks.

When Talia said she would search for the missing boy, she meant that if he happened to run into the remaining assassins she would bring him back. Of course, she knew how difficult it would be to find a bat that wanted to stay hidden, so she didn't have much hope for success.

"There have been no sightings of the boy," a voice behind her called out in a deep voice.

"I see," Talia sighed, looking up at the sky. "It'll be raining soon."

The person behind her, cloaked in the shadows, let out a cough. "Is this right, my lady, Batman —"

"If Batman is going to help us take care of our mystery man then we have no choice but to instigate a war between them." Talia snapped in irritation.

"Very well."

Talia's calm countenance revealed a scowl as the person disappeared. "Now, I wonder where you are hiding boy wonder."

-=-
-a few blocks away-

"It seems as though the boy has vanished," a sinister sounding voice echoed all around the empty building, eliciting winces from the figures that swayed in a small circle around the man in the center.

The man himself was swaddled in a black cloak, no inch of skin visible except his mouth and jaw as the upper part of his face concealed by a blood red mask, his eyes themselves a bewitching silver. "Halt the search," this time his voice lack the menacing quality from before as his lip quirked up into a sly smile. "Call back our men."

The five men encircling him share a skeptical look, and the one standing directly in front of the masked man cleared his throat. "Sir, if we retreat the league of assassins will get to him first, and if that happens then," his speech halted as he found a slender hand clamped tightly around his neck.

The man in the mask didn't take kindly to his subordinate talking back to him, and as choking sounds filled the dark room, he turned to the remaining four. "Do you have anything else to contribute?" His smile grew as no one answered, a sickening snap following after as he dropped the dead body of the fifth man to the floor.

"Good then," he scoffed, pulling out a white cloth seemingly out of thin air and carefully wiping each one of his fingers. "Go and carry out my orders, make sure not to cross Batman."

The four men did not hesitate this time, vanishing into the shadows of the room, and as the moonlight slowly peeked through the window it revealed that they all wore golden masks as well. Shockingly, the man on the floor donned a glittering silver mask.

"Ah," the man in the red mask sighed regretfully, plucking the mask off the dead man. "Where will I find a new leader under such short notice?" he asked no one in particular as he slipped the silver accessory into his cloak, pulling out a silver card as he did.

With graceful movements, he let the card fall onto the body and walked unhurriedly out of the room. "Now Talia, I wonder what you will do next."

-

I made my own villain, oh yeah.

#wallshaverights
#stopwallabuse

{no walls where hurt in the making of this chapter :') }