63. His Fault.

_

There was always a time to be mischievous and a place to come clean, Dick finally decided it was time.

It wasn't a decision he willingly made, that much was certain, but he still made it nonetheless.

Murders weren't something he could handle, and though he and Batman had solved plenty in there days as crime fighters, right now he wasn't Robin, he was a civilian.

Dick should have expected that Bruce would be waiting for them once they got back from the school, but he didn't. After wiping the camera footage of their break in, he suddenly felt exhausted.

For some reason the entire thing didn't seem so fun anymore. He felt bile rising in his throat at the thought of a body floating around somewhere because of him.

His fault.

Roy had to carry him back, the bird too tired to walk.

"Really Dick? Running away is not like you."

He and Bruce sat at the backseat of a car, Dick didn't remember which one. His mentor had picked him up without any questions or giving him a chance to explain.

Dick remembered the look Bruce had given Roy and Wally as he thanked the Wests for their hospitality as he picked up his coat and dragged him out the door. He grimaced at the memory, wishing that he could disappear.

Again, the thirteen year old boy winced at the tone of his father's voice. "I just wanted to help." he mumbled and looked down at his fingers.

He shifted in his seat, not raising his head to look at Bruce who sat right next to him.

"Alfred, take us to the manor." The older man said.

"Yes sir," was the cool reply from the driver's seat.

Dick imagined the disappointment on the butler's face, he could feel it floating all around him. He was sure that Roy and Wally would be getting and earful too from Arrow and Flash. Because of him.

His fault.

-

Life killed me. I have no will to write anymore... Anyway.
Here's a chapter. I'll try to be frequent.❤