16. Food fight: The Bird vs The Martian.

"I'm sure he'll come by when he does...So, you feeling okay?"

The little bird gave a slight nod in response. "Yeah I feel fine...just a bit hot is all..."

That was all it took for the speedster on the floor to stop brooding and jump up to feel his best friend's forehead. "You should go back to the infirmary, dude. What if you start hyperventilating or something again?"

"No, KF."

"But-"

"No. I'm not staying in that bed all day."

The speedster moved forward to grab the bird, but stopped when Robin reached for the IV drip in his arm. "Touch me and I pull this out."

The speedster twitched.

Robin grabbed hold of the bandage, tugging at it lightly to scare his best friend, but not hard enough to actually pull it off.

Wally stayed still for a few seconds before huffing and plopping back down on the floor. "I swear..."

Robin let go of the IV drip just as his stomach growled softly and he put a hand over it.

"Dude, when was the last time you ate?"

"I don't know...two days ago I guess..."

"Two days?!" M'gann flew off Superboy's lap and over to the bird in a matter of mere seconds. Her face was only inches away from her younger teammate's as she stared at him intensely.

Robin shifted uncomfortably and moved back until he was firmly pressed against the backrest of the couch. "Uh...yeah..."

The martian girl brought her hands up and put them on the boy's cheeks, squishing his face into looking like that of a fish, her own face contorted in worry. "You must be starving!"

"Actually, Miss M-" The boy was interrupted by the green martian.

"We have to go make you something to eat!" Miss Martian said as she let go of the bird's cheeks.

Next thing he knew, he was levitating a foot above the couch from which he previously sat. "Miss M!"

The redheaded girl ignored the thirteen year old's protests as she flew to the kitchen with Robin being carried after her, the IV drip stand floating not far behind.

Once they reached the kitchen, M'gann gently levitated Robin onto the counter with the IV drip next to him. The rest of the team watched in silent amusement from the living room.

Miss Martian got out a cookbook and flipped through the pages as ingredients started floating out of the cupboards from every which way.

The little bird had to duck and dodge to avoid becoming a mess of eggs and milk like Superboy had the first time he tried to help M'gann in the kitchen.

Once all the needed things were in their rightful places on the counter next to the martian, she set the open book down and turned to the boy sitting on the counter opposite from her. "Do you like muffins, Robin?"

"Yeah sure, Miss M." The Boy Wonder gave an easygoing smile in the alien girl's direction. She smiled and turned back to the cookbook.

Robin got off the counter and pulled the IV drip with him as he made his way over to the green skinned female's side. "Hey, can I help, Miss M?"

M'gann gave a quick nod in his direction. "Of course!" The girl said as her eyes scanned the page in the book.

A few seconds passed before her eyes widened and Robin could imagine a lightbulb lighting up on top of her head as she said her signature phrase. "Hello Megan! We're missing an ingredient."

She motioned her hand in the direction of the cupboard behind Robin. The cabinet opened as a bag of flour flew out.

Robin didn't have time to react when the sack of white powder came flying right at him. He moved to duck, but it hit his head before he could, bursting open.

White flour covered the Boy Wonder's head and shoulders as he coughed and shook his head to get the powder out of his hair.

M'gann turned to see what a mess she'd made of her teammate and her eyes widened. "Robin! Oh, I'm so sorry!"

The now, white haired bird couldn't help but laugh slightly as he wiped some flour off his face. "It's fine, Miss M. But this means war whether you did it on purpose or not."

The Martian looked completely and utterly confused as the thirteen year old bent down and picked up a handful of the flour that landed on the floor. He then stood back up straight and pulled his hand back.

M'gann's eyes widened when she realized what he was going to do. She moved to fly out of the way, but it was too late. The bird flung the flour right at her face and the next thing she knew, she was wiping white powder from her eyes. "Ah! Robin!"

The boy let his signature cackle loose at her now, chalk white face.

Miss Martian huffed and narrowed her eyes playfully before giving a swift motion with her hand, causing the pack of eggs to open up as they flew at her younger teammate.

His masked eyes widened and he brought his arms up to defend himself, but his attempts at self-defense were futile as the eggs ended up cracking open on his head, yellow yolk flowing down.

The bird wiped the liquid from his face and unleashed his own stash of eggs on the martian. She ended up being covered up in egg yolk as well.

Once the eggs were all gone, they had resorted to pouring milk over each other, starting with Robin spilling a bottle over M'gann's head and her retaliating by tipping two more bottles over onto him.

It's a miracle the IV drip was still in the kid's arm with all the movement and liquids being spilled over the bandages.

The Boy Wonder shook his head to get some milk out of his soaked hair as M'gann moved closer with another bottle in hand. Robin looked up just in time, catching her just as she was about to pour the milk over him again.

She moved back slightly when caught, but accidentally slipped and grabbed onto Robin's left wrist without the IV, causing him to fall down with her.

They both hit the floor, landing on their sides. They stayed still like that for a few seconds, staring at each other before the two burst into laughter.

Their hysteria ended after a few minutes and they looked up when Kaldur walked in. The atlantian stared down at them for a few seconds, seeming quite amused. "This is not what making muffins looks like."

The messy two teenagers on the floor looked around at the now, filthy kitchen.

There's no way they'd be able to make muffins now since they'd pretty much just wasted all the ingredients. Robin laughed lightly. "I think I'm good with an apple for now."