52. I'm going...

It seems like the last chapter incited some tears (and death threats) so I'll give an update, okay? Okay? Good.

-

Dick stared blankly at Bruce, but he didn't say anything as he redirected his gaze to the ground, his vision swarming as he stumbled back then turned away from his mentor.

"Dick," Batman called quietly.

"You guys can talk," the boy whispered back. "I'm going home."

"But—"

"What? Nothing's going to happen to me." The Grayson scoffed incredulously.

The Dark Knight clenched his jaw. "Fine."

And so, Dick walked away.

-=-

"Talia," Bruce said in a low tone. "What exactly are you trying to do?"

"What do you mean," she smiled coquettishly, staring at the thirteen year old's retreating figure then at the hero in front of her. "I was just stated the obvious... Or did you want the enemy to tell him, hmm?" As she spoke she walked around him in teasing circles before her slender fingers grasped his shoulders and she whispered into his ear. "Are you scared... of him hating you?"

Her warm breath made him glare at her as he lightly pushed her away. "You went too far."

"Oh," she huffed in dissatisfaction and raised a brow, her hand slipping into his as she held him lightly. "Then why are you still here?"

"You need me." Talia laughed bitterly when he stayed silent. "Don't worry, I know you'll always choose that brat over me.... But," her voice grew quiet, "what if he dies?"

"Talia!" Bruce's hand tightened over the woman's wrist and she winced in pain, though her gaze remained haughty.

At this point Slade cleared his throat. "I hope I'm not interrupting, but a lot of people still want that kid dead... and we just let him walk away...."

The bickering couple froze, then turned to the mercenary simultaneously. "And you just mention it now?!"

Slade shrugged. "I hate to break it to you, but... I'm not a good guy."

The Caped Crusader let go of Talia, then glared at Slade, who only laughed. "Let's go."

Talia smirked, her lips pulling a slight smile as she rubbed the red finger marks on her bare wrist. "How did you know I like it when you handle me roughly?"

Bruce shot her a fierce glare while Slade internally gagged. This is not the time for flirting!

-

Let's see. I've not been wanting to come on Wattpad, I can't focus on school and I have persistent headaches now. So, sorry for not answering comments and not updating.... I'm just sorry.