48. So what?

When Slade agreed to Talia's deal, he didn't expect the ending would be so deliciously dramatic. It was a type of chaos, the honeyed and sweet type, lovely and backstabbing words flying harmlessly, then the bat snaps. The mercenary had no doubt that Batman would end Talia right then and there, Slade could almost taste the violence in the air, and it was exhilarating.

His gaze flickered to Dick, a smile hidden by his mask as he examined the boy's pale face. He is lost. Slade decided.

Deathstroke stared into the blank gaze of the child, even the archer seemed shocked. Talia, on the other hand, couldn't seem to douse Batman's fury. Slade chuckled. She should have known what she was getting into when she opened that mouth of hers.

It was obvious that Slade Wilson was the only one enjoying himself, in fact, he was glad for this opportunity. Seeing Batman set on ending Ra's Al Ghul's girl without any care in the world, he was more certain that having the Caped Crusader owe him was a chance of a lifetime.

But soon, all his enjoyment came crashing down. It was only a string of words, but it was enough to end everything. In particular, it was that laugh that sent chills down his spine.

There he was, Batman's protégé, clutching his belly and laughing.

Slade's smile froze.
Roy almost dropped Wally in shock.
Bruce backed away from Talia.
And Talia... Well, she fell to the ground.

"So that was it?" Dick straightened out, wiping a tear from his eye. "And here I was thinking you that had something important to tell me."

Talia stared at the boy, pointing an accusing finger at him. "You, you..."

"Me?" The thirteen year old raised a brow.

"You never knew." She gritted her teeth.

"Who told you that?"

"Stop lying!"

"You know," Dick narrowed his eyes at her. "Others might think you lured us all here into a trap, just look at how you're acting. Didn't you come to discuss terms?"

Talia glared at him and got up. "I did,"

"Good, now, let's talk about the cure, shall we?" Dick said coldly.

-

Oh snap! What's going on?

Dick is so cool, like what!

-
Thank you Fangir_lar, UTOPIANANGEL, fiwall21 and mysticunicorn543 for reading Requiem For Demise😊