57. The Truth.

Time flew so fast, I have not been okay. Blah, whatever, love you guys. This chapter is brought to you by EmmaLemmaLlamma.

-=-

"Why are you crying, Dick?" Wally asked quietly, a little panicked as the boy froze at the question then shook his head.

"It's nothing," Dick shut his eyes, his voice barely above a whisper. He didn't want to talk about it... About dying. It just hurt so much, everything felt like it was falling apart.

"Is it because of what I said," Wally sounded uncomfortable as Dick looked up at him, his big bluer eyes glittering from residual tears.

The young Grayson shook his head and let out an awkward laugh as he pulled away and took a step back.

Wally frowned, feeling guilt bubble up in his heart. "What then? Tell me."

"It's my..." Dick froze as the words almost slipped naturally, then his gaze slid off Wally to the floor, his voice tiny as he pressed both his arms to his chest. "It's nothing."

"You can't be crying because of nothing."

"I'm fine." The boy's voice quivered as he forced out the words, his fingers trailing the end of his collar.

The speedster's shoulders slumped, his tone filled with regret. "Is it something I did?"

A shake of his head was the only reply Dick gave as he tried to wipe his eyes with his sleeve. A cry of surprise leaving him as Wally crossed the gap between them in a large step and grabbed the thirteen year old by his shoulders, green eyes glaring into blue.

"Did my mom do something?"

Dick paused, and looked up in shock at why his friend would ask him that. "No,"

"Did Bruce do something?"

The silence was all Wally needed before he pulled his friend into a hug again. "You should really stop hiding things." He frowned, more than a little concerned.

"If I tell you... It'll make things worse."

"So you don't trust me?" The ginger-haired boy shook his head, a little hurt.

"I..."

Wally barely heard the words but when he pieced together what Dick said, underneath all the sniffling, stifled sobs and chocked whispers, he felt like his world was torn to pieces. Because the words he heard where the two he never wanted to come out of his best friend's mouth, the words that gave him nightmares and made him terrified anytime his bird got hurt.

How could Dick say those words? He was just sick... He was going to get better... why would he?

Wally's mind was in shambles because of the two words that he never expected to hear.

"I'm dying." the words slipped out of Dick's lips and Wally stumbled back in shock, his head pounding as he looked at his best friend.

"No," he shook his head in disbelief as he tripped on his own feet fell to the floor. "This can't be happening."

"I'm sorry." That was the last thing Wally heard as his entire world came crashing down and all the air in the room seemed to escape him, a wave of dizziness accompanying his descent into unconsciousness.

-

Unedited. I'm so sorry.