25. The Birds Pleading.

"I have to...what?"

Robin merely grinned in response to the kryptonian's shcoked face. "You have to take Supey to meet Mr and Mrs Kent this weekend. I'm sure they'd just love to meet their grandson."

"He's not..." Superman went quiet and shifted his gaze to the side to look at the clone from the corner of his eye, noting how Superboy seemed like he was going to burst from excitement, which was a pretty weird look for the usually stoic, six months old clone.

The Man Of Steel turned his attention back to the Boy Wonder, who was looking quite pleased with himself. "Can't I take a different dare?"

"Nope. You're stuck with this."

Superman's expression changed to a rather reluctant one as a frown adorned his features.

Robin's grin immediately morphed into a pleading look that anyone in the league knew very well, and if you know this look, you also have to know that it's impossible to say no to it.

–=–

An exhausted looking Clark Kent let out an exasperated sigh as he looked up at a laughing, blue eyed 10 year old hanging from a very expensive chandelier in the main lounge of the Wayne Manor.

He'd been trying to get the over-energetic boy to go to sleep for the last hour, but so far, he wasn't making any progress in calming him down or even getting him remotely close to his bed. He'd gone as far as trying to make Dick go to bed by holding him down on his bed to calm him down, but trying to keep a grip on the boy was like trying to get a hold of slippery soap. He kept getting away.

The ten year old had school the next day and Bruce had entrusted the responsibility of babysitting him to none other than Clark Kent. Sometimes, he slightly regretted becoming such good friends with the billionaire that he'd trust him to look after his hyper ward when Alfred had to accompany his charge to certain functions.

Don't take it the wrong way, he adored Dick, but...the kid was a handful. It's not that he was a bratty or naughty child. He just...had too much energy. I mean, how much energy can a small body like that hold?

The ten year old was always jumping all over the place like he was permanently suffering from the aftereffects of downing three cans of Red Bull. It was just plain ridiculous.

"Dickie...please come down from there. Bruce is going to kill me if he comes back and you aren't in bed yet."

The raven haired acrobat crossed his arms with a rather adorable pout as he hung upside down from the chandelier. "But I'm not tired..."

The kryptonian sighed and took out his phone from his back pocket. "Dick, if you don't go to bed, I'm going to call Bruce and tell him that you're misbehaving."

Dick's eyes widened and he immediately dropped down from the chandelier, landing on the couch below with an 'oof!' before he jumped off and ran over to the journalist. He came to stand in front of the man, holding his hands together as if to say 'please' whilst putting a pleading expression on his face that could melt even the coldest of hearts. "Uncle Clark, please don't call Bruce...can't I stay up for a little while longer?"

The Boy Scout stared at the child's adorable face for a few seconds before another sigh escaped from his lips, though this one was a sigh of defeat. "Fine...30 minutes maximum."

"Yay!"

----

Superman stared at Robin's pleading expression. It might not be as cute as it had been when he was ten, but...it was still so...goddammit!

"Fine!"

Robin soon returned to grinning and tilted his head with a mischievous glint to his sunglasses, if that was even possible. "Great! Remember to pick him up here on Saturday morning before you leave." the bird practically sang the words out.

The Man of Steel glowered at the acrobat, but otherwise kept quiet.

"Recognized, Batman 02."

The team of superheroes looked up when a certain Dark Knight came into the room to see them all sitting in a circle on the floor. He visibly raised an eyebrow behind the cowl at Superman, who blinked and immediately looked away. "We were playing truth or dare."

Batman's attention shifted from Superman to Artemis, who was nervously fidgeting next to Wally, seemingly avoiding eye contact with the Caped Crusader she had dared to prank call earlier. Though, luckily the man's gaze wasn't focused on her for long before he shifted his attention to his partner, who was, for some reason, staring at the ground, seemingly avoiding eye contact with him too.

"Robin."

The young acrobat felt his stomach churn at the Bat's tone. No one else in the room probably realized it, but the man's voice had a bit of an edge to it. He slowly lifted his head to meet his mentor's masked eyes. "Yeah...?"

"Come with me."