23. The Call.

"You want me to prankcall Batman?"

"Yeah."

Artemis huffed and crossed her arms. "And how am I supposed to do that? He doesn't use a phone."

The smug look on Wally's face only grew. "No, but he uses a communicator. You can call him with your comm."

"No way!"

"Fine, if you don't wanna use your comm, you'll just have to use the cave's main computer in the zeta room instead. Oh and let me remind you that it has video footage too."

The blonde archer's brow twitched in irritation. "Fine, I'll use my comm. What do you want me to say?"

The speedster brought a hand up to stroke his chin with a thoughtful look for extra effect. "Hmm...what shall you say to the big, scary Bat...?"

"Just get on with it, Baywatch."

Wally's eyes suddenly widened and he stuck a hand up in the air. "Ah ha!"

The rest of the occupants in the room could swear they saw a yellow lightbulb flicker on above his head.

"We can trick him into thinking there's an emergency!"

M'gann perked up at the ginger-haired speedster's words. "What kind of emergency?"

Wally furrowed his brows and looked around the room until his eyes landed on his best friend, who had been silent ever since his mentor was brought up. "How about we trick him into thinking Rob's hurt or-"

Superman's eyes widened and he immediately interrupted, shaking his head. "That's a bit too far, kid. You don't want to do that."

"But what should she say to him then?"

This was when Superboy decided to finally speak up. "Can't she just tell him a joke?"

The speedster looked at the clone before seeming to think it over. "...Ugh fine. A joke it is then."

He turned back to face Artemis. "Tell him a knock knock joke."

The blonde archer gave a slight nod and reluctantly reached up to press a finger to her comm, biting her lip anxiously before she spoke. "Artemis to Batman..."

Only a second or two passed before a familiar, low voice spoke from the other end, much to her dismay. "What is it, Artemis?"

She shifted her gaze to meet Wally's for a second, only to be met with him sticking his tongue out at her childishly. She narrowed her eyes and growled lowly before responding to the Bat's question. "I have to tell you something."

"Tell me then." He sounded somewhat impatient.

"Um...knock knock."

"Come in." Came the Dark Knight's now, irritated sounding voice.

Her brow twitched slightly in annoyance at his answer. Well 'knock knock' jokes aren't going to work.

"Why did the chicken cross the road?"

She was met with silence.

"Hello?"

No one answered.

Wally frowned slightly in disappointment. "He must've hung up. That's no fun."

Artemis almost breathed a sigh of relief when a sudden spark of electricity shot through her ear and she let out a pained yelp. "Ow!" She quickly moved her hand up to remove her comm from her ear.

When she brought her hand back down to look at it, they could see smoke rising from the small object. "He fried my comm!"

Robin couldn't help but snicker.