The last lullaby

This story is based on the book/film the woman in black which is my favorite horror movie. This story will not have a happy ending but I hope you will like it anyway.

~GlitterGlambert~

Adam's POV

The 6th of October year 1804 Pennsylvania

"It's twins girls." said the nurse and handed me them. "We're sorry!" replied the doctor. I saw my husband one last time before they put a white blanket over him.

"Adam!" said Lucy and shook my gently. I opened my eyes and saw my best friend. "Sorry!" I replied and stood up. "You promised Ellen and Eva to take them to the cemetery today." she said. "I keep what I promise." I replied and walked to the hall.

"Daddy!" said both Ellen and Eva. "Hello!" I replied with a smile. "Come home before dark." said Lucy. "Don't worry." I replied calmly. My daughters said goodbye to their nanny before they went out with me.

(Adam's daughters, Ellen and Eva, the girl with dark hair is Eva)

We arrived to the cemetery and we went to his headstone. I put down a red rose and tears ran down my cheeks.

Here lies Thomas Joesph Lambert

Born the 18th of October year 1774

Died the 17th of November year 1800

A beloved husband, father, brother, uncle and friend. We will forever remember you.

"He knows we are here." I said. "How?" asked Eva. "I can feel it!" I said. She closed her eyes and smiled. "I can feel it too." she replied. "Me too!" said Ellen. "He will always protect you." I replied and they nodded.

***

I sang a lullaby and they fell asleep. I kissed their foreheads and went quietly out from the room. I had no idea it would be the last lullaby.

I walked downstaris and Lucy went up to me. "It's from your father." she said and gave me the letter. "Leila is very sick and she has not many days left." said Lucy sadly. "I'm coming home tomorrow again." I replied. "Be careful!" she said. "I promise!" I said and gave her a hug. "Say hi to her from me." replied Lucy and I nodded. I opened the door and walked out into the night.

This was the first chapter of my new book. Adam is an wonderful father and friend. I hope you liked this chapter.

~GlitterGlambert~