Lonely

Marinette walked out of her class. She didn't really have any good friends so she barely talked to her classmates. They all looked very nice, well almost, but its just hard to make new friends when you are used to being with one person all the time. Unfortunately, Marinette wasn't as lucky as she always had been since Adrien.. had been place in another class.

Although Adrien and Marinette weren't in the same class, their classrooms weren't very far from each other. Hers being in block A, his on the opposite, in block B. The only thing separating their two halls was a passerel, connecting both of the blocks. They would usually spend their breaks there.

She walked to the passerel. Leaning against the small security wall and taking a cardboard juice out of her pocket, she waited for him. But he never came...

She drank the last drops of her juice before standing up. She looked at the glass windows that showed the block B corridor. She frowned as she saw Adrien, chatting with friends she didn't know.

Somehow she felt her heart tighten as girls clang next to him and boys joked around with him.

As popular as ever...

She sighed then sadly walked back to class.

***

"Oh my god.." Adrien said as he leaned on the locker next to her. " the girls in my class keep drooling all over me. It's annoying..."

" Must be hard to have friends." She said sarcastically.

"What's wrong?" He asked worryingly.

She bit her lip. It was annoying. His ability to read through her and always know what she is thinking. She didn't say anything and just closed her locker with her skateboard under my arm.

" Is it because you don't really fit in your class?" He asked as they
slowly skated back to the dorm.

"Its nothing!" She lied, giving him a big smile.

Unfortunately, she didn't look were she was going and her skateboard hit a small dent in the road. She fell over the board and landed on the hard concrete, scratching her knee. She felt her knee start to ache as blood stained the road. She sat up weekly and looked at her scratched knee and hands.

" are you okay!" Adrien said as he jumped off his skateboard and ran to her side.

" it's... nothing..." She said as her bangs hid her eyes.

" then why ate you crying?"

His voice echoed in her mind as she touched her wet cheeks.

Something snapped inside her head. She furrowed her eyebrows and started glaring at the ground.

" its just not fair! She said quietly as she weakly punched his chest. Why are you so sociable and nice and funny and handsome when i'm just there alone with no friends." She whispered as she sobbed in her hands.

He stayed frozen a few seconds, not knowing what to do.

"you do have friends. You have me. And i'm the only friend you need." He said softly before gently wrapping his hands around her shoulders and pulled her in a tight hug.

"Thanks Adrien." She said in his shoulder.

"I will always be there with you."

His words stayed in her head, triggering a memory. An eight year old Adrien handing over his ice cream to a crying Marinette as she had just dropped hers. She tried saying no but he didn't care and just gave her the ice cream. He said those same faithful words as a big smile crossed his face. He had changed since then, he was now a grown young man and his voice was deeper. But something in his eyes, the little sparkle of happiness, hadn't changed at all.

He slowly loosened the hug and looked at her, wiping her cheeks with his fingers and helping her back up. He took both of their skateboards and slid them in the straps if his backpack. He secured his bag on his chest and needled beside her.

"Piggyback ride?" He offered

She smiled and nodded, hopping over his back. He stood up and started walking back home.
They stayed a few minutes silent before Marinette slapped Adriens head playfully.

"Com' on horsie! Faster!" She ordered in a laugh.

He laughed as well before grinning and taking off running.

He sprinted towards the dorm as fast as he could as Marinette shouted on his back.

He laughed again.

She was back to her normal crazy self...

A/N: hey guys i hope you liked this new chapter. It was slightly longer and a little bit more emotional so i hope you don't mind.