Chapter 4

Robin had gone down to have her dinner with her parents. I sat down on one of the tables and took a notebook and pen from my suitcase.

I had to start writing the letter. After few minutes of editing, my letter was done.

Dear oppas,
I'm Wendy Park, a 15 year old, hardcore, American ARMY for 4 years. However my parents have never acknowledged my love for you.
Yesterday, I came to know that oppas were performing at Prudential Centre next week on Friday. The same day was my friend's birthday and we thought of celebrating her birthday by listening to your concert. This was going to be our first concert. However my dad didn't allow and went to the extent of insulting them. I was enraged and told him not to do it again or I would not consider them my kith and kin, to which he said that he wouldn't want strangers in his house and asked me to leave and never come back.
I've written this letter to get oppas' advice. Sorry for the inconvenience...
Regards,
Wendy Park

I wrote both the addresses and sealed the letter in an envelope. Tomorrow morning, I was going to post the letter. Something told me that I would get a reply.

Robin wasn't back, so, I decided to sleep. I didn't want to disturb Robin by sleeping on her bed, so I slept on one of the couches in her room.

                                                                      ***

The next day, I woke up early in the morning, at 6, and no one was awake yet. So I decided to make breakfast for the family which welcomed me with open hands, when I was homeless.

I searched the fridge and found eggs, sausages, bacon and some vegetables and fruits.

Perfect for a breakfast! I quickly fried the sausage and bacon and made omelets with the eggs. Then I set the plates with all of this neatly and placed it on the table.

By then Aunty and Uncle had woken up and they just stood there, surprised.

"Wendy! Did you make that?", Aunty asked. "Yeah!", I replied. "Oh my God! Thank you so much, Wendy! Love you so much!!!!", Aunty said as she came down and hugged me.

By then, even Robin had woken up. They were already ready for breakfast and sat at the tables.

They ate the food and complimented me. I just started feeling like I was back at home. Then, Aunty asked to break the silence, "So, Wendy, what's your plan?"

"Mommy, unnie is writing a letter to BTS oppas. If she gets a reply, then she'd go according to the advice. Otherwise...", she said. But before she could complete the sentence, I continued while smiling, "Otherwise I'd go to an orphanage."

Honestly, even I didn't like that idea, but I couldn't trouble Robin and her parents by staying here for a long time since every family wants their privacy.

"No! Mom, Dad, can't you adopt unnie? I'd love to have an older sister like her.", Robin pleaded.

"Honestly, Lyon and I were also thinking of that. We were thinking of preparing the papers today, after asking you for your opinion. So, I guess we can go to the authority today itself, right Wendy?", Aunty replied.

I immediately said, "Oh! I'll be going to the post office to post this letter. So, can you wait until I get the reply? If it wouldn't be an inconvenience for you..."

"Oh no... it's not an inconvenience for us. But if you think about it, won't they receive hundreds of such letters? Some might be fake, some might be real. But how would they know? Would they reply?", Uncle asked.

"Uncle, there's a special bond that we, fans and idols share. We would be able to understand each other's feelings. Something tells me that within a week or so, I would get a reply. So, if you don't mind would you allow me to stay here for a week?", I replied politely.

"Wendy, even though you aren't officially our daughter, we still consider you as our own daughter. Take as much time as you want. But I think it's best that you don't keep your hopes too high, because it might let you down.", Aunty replied. I nodded and stood up to get ready to go to the post office.

After dressing up, I took the letter and went down the stairs, when Aunty said, "And Robin would accompany you to the post office.", Aunty continued. "Oh no! It's okay! I'll just go fast and come back! I wouldn't want to trouble her!", I replied, motioning towards the main door.

"I'm ready, unnie!", Robin screamed as she ran towards me.

We walked to the post office together, talking about this and that, and finally we posted the letter and returned back to Robin's house.

"Mom! We're back!", Robin screamed and we went to her room together. "Unnie, how long does it take for a letter to go from Newark to Korea?", she asked.

"It might take 2-3 days, Robin. I feel so tired. I'm gonna lay down here for some time.", I replied and laid down on the couch.

When are you gonna come to me? I'm waiting for you, Love.

I woke up. What was that? A young man. But I just saw his back.

I looked up at the clock and it was 1 already. I had slept for 3 hours already. I walked down the stairs and saw that everyone had already had their lunch.

I waited for them to finish and then sat down at the table. Every family would love to have their own time.

But what was that dream?

I would come to know about it soon enough though.