Chapter 38

Rosé's POV

That jerk! I didn't know he was someone like that!

After all he is Jisoo's friend.....

But...

Flashback...

I suddenly got a call from him! At last! I've been waiting for him, for soooo long! Well, his decision.....

"Yubeosaeyo!", I answered.

"Chaeyoung! It's me... Jinyoung!"

"Deh! How are you?"

"Fine...."

"So.... what's your decision? You'll hep us, won't you?"

"Of course! I'd love to! But..... what would I gain?"

I laughed nervously and asked, "What do you want?"

He was joking, wasn't he?

"Jisoo."

"I'm coming! Stay there!", Jimin said over the phone.

Few minutes later, he reached our dorms. Lisa opened the door, and as soon as he entered the house, I dragged him into my room and locked the door. I could imagine Lisa's confused face....

"I called him.... He isn't joking.... And he's quite firm with his decision....", he mumbled.

I ruffled my hair in frustration and asked him, "Ottokhaeee? Jimin, ottokhae??"

He sat next to me and told me, "Let's talk to Jisoo noona and Jin hyung, arraseo?"

"But they might take a stupid decision for us.", I said, almost crying.

"Ani! They won't... We just need to take a decision along with them... No one is going to sacrifice for the other, arraseo?", he said with a firm voice.

I nodded....

I just don't know what to do.......

***

"Bwo?! Jinyoung said that? You're joking around, geuchi? Both of you?", Jisoo unnie exclaimed.

"Ani!", Jimin said with a firm, blank look on his face.

"Jimin?", Jin oppa looked at him, his eyes wide.

Jimin nodded, confirming his doubt. He did say that....

"But..... but.... so, he liked me all this time? In that way? I just saw him as a good friend of mine!", Jisoo unnie exclaimed again.

We talked about the matter, for about half an hour, but couldn't come up with any good decision. Anything, that we came up with, included one of us sacrificing for the other.....

"We'll try talking to Jinyoung's parents.", Jimin finally spoke up.

"Hmm? But how?", I asked.

"Don't you have their numbers?", he asked.

"Ani.", I answered.

"Ugh... Fine, then call your parents and ask them for their numbers. If they ask why, just say that you want to meet them.", he suggested.

I smiled at his idea. He is smart.....

He is not the dumb Jimin I know......

Successfully, I got their number and even, called them. They agreed and invited us over to their mansion.

***

"Annyeonghaseyo.", Jimin and I greeted Jinyoung's parents.

"Annyeonghaseyo. Please sit down. You must be Park Chaeyoung, deh?", the old lady asked. She seemed to be quite friendly. I nodded in agreement and sat down next to Jimin.

"And you, young gentleman? Who may you be?", the man asked.

"Joneun Park Jimin imnida.", he replied with a bow.

"He is my boy friend.", I clarified to them. They gasped and looked at both of us.

"We wanted to talk to you about the arranged marriage. Eomma and Appa are trying to force me into this marriage. But I can't.... I've already found the one I love and trust and I wish to live the rest of my life with him at the right time.... after I achieve my dream.... We wanted to talk to you about this as we felt that that you would understand us much more than my parents......", I let everything out... in one go.

They remained silent for sometime, trying to process everything in their mind. Then, they finally spoke up, softly, "Does Jinyoung know?....."

We nodded, but didn't continue. They might have understood that we didn't want to talk about it.... We were thankful for that.....

"Well, we'll think about it and then, tell you. But, Jinyoung too, had talked to us about a girl he liked and told us that he didn't want an arranged marriage, with a person he didn't know. If both of you are unwilling to marry, there is no point in it, Deh? Anyways, we'll tell you, after taking a final decision, arraseo?", the man concluded.

We stood up and greeted them and started walking towards the door. We had more hope now.....

Suddenly, a lady came in with a phone in her hand. Must be one of the servants.......

"Madam, Master Jinyoung is on the line.", she said and handed the phone over to the excited mom.

"Jinyoungie!!", she squealed. Well, I didn't know she had this side too.....

"Omo! Jinja?! Chuka hae!!...... Arraseo!", she exclaimed and finally, cut the line.

She looked up at three curious faces, her husband, Jimin and I. She smiled and exclaimed, "Jinyoung finally got the girl!! The girl he loves!!"

I felt time freeze around me.....

It can't be her, can it??

I politely asked her, "May I ask her name?"

"Ah! Her name..... it was...... Yeah! Kim Jisoo!!

She comes with him on the TV!! Inkigayo!! She's a really pretty girl!! Anyways, since both of you are happy with your boyfriends and girlfriends, I guess we can leave this marriage aside, Deh?", she ended, with an annoying smile......

This can't be.......