Chapter 5

It has been more than a week since I posted that letter. Everyday I would go to our post box with high hopes, however, even if I found some letter, it wouldn't be the one I was waiting for. Today too, was such a day. Today, Uncle Lyon was bringing the documents for me to sign, to officially become their daughter.

Uncle and Aunty had gotten ready early in the morning to go to the authority. As we stood at the main door, to say bye to Aunty and Uncle, the postman came again and said to my surprise, "Oh there's another letter for you, Miss Wendy. I ran up to him and took the letter.

Yes! It was from BigHit Entertainment! I knew it! I would get a reply. I asked Aunty and Uncle to wait for some time and ran to Robin's room. Robin followed me too and when I looked at her, she was crying. "Oppas replied, didn't they?", she cried.

"Yeah!", I replied and opened the envelope and unfolded the letter with caution. There were some other things too in the envelope but I planned on reading the letter first.

Dear Wendy,
We read your letter and feel really sorry for you.
We feel responsible for this condition of yours and have found the proper solution after 2 days of discussion together. We have decided to bring you to Korea and will then decide on what to do with you. We have attached your visa, plane ticket to Korea on Sunday, 6th June 2016 and personal cab number is attached along with this letter.
Hope you would like this decision of ours.
Regards,
BigHit Entertainment

I couldn't believe my eyes. What!? A trip to Korea at this age? I hadn't expected that.

I quickly checked the envelope and yes! The plane ticket, visa and a paper with a no was there!!!

"Unnie! You're going to Korea? Already?", Robin asked. I nodded my head and looked at the ticket. Yes!! It was scheduled for Sunday i.e. day after tomorrow!!! But, somehow, I felt hollow inside. I was going to leave my family, Robin, Lucy, my school and my hometown. But still, this was the decision of oppas, so I'd have to follow it.

I went down to Aunty and Uncle and told them about this.

"Oh! That's great news! Their good gentlemen after all. But Wendy, what are you gonna do after you reach there. What if they just leave you in an orphanage over there?", Aunty asked.

"Then I'd just go there.", I replied casually.

"But are you fine with that.", Uncle asked.

"Yeah! 100% sure!", I replied with a smile.

"Fine then. Lyon, can you book the plane tickets?", Aunty asked.

"Uh... Aunty, they booked the plane tickets and attached it.", I said, confused as to why they were booking tickets.

"Yeah, I know that. But what about our tickets. We're coming with you and dropping you there.", she replied.

"Oh! It's fine. I'll go on my own. I've gone to London alone on a plane before. It's fine. I can go alone."

After few hours of persuading them, they finally allowed me to travel alone. I didn't want to trouble them anymore.

After having lunch, Robin and I sat down together. "So you're leaving first, right? Out of us three.", she said. "Robin... it's not because I wanted to. I wanted to go with you. But I have to go earlier now...", I said. "Unnie, I'm happy for you. Later, Lucy and I will come and meet you, okay?", she said with that cute smile on her face.