Chapter 40

3 years later...

Sohye's POV

It has been four whole years, since I came to Korea, and this is the first time I'm going back to Newark! I'm finally gonna meet my family! And those weird friends that Lucy and Robin have made.

I didn't inform them about me going there.... so, it's going to be a surprise!

"Do you really have to go?", he asked for the umpteenth time.

"I have to go! It's been four years! Don't worry about me, orabeoni...", I said, while carrying my bags downstairs.

"Then, I'll come! It's not safe for kids, to go alone on a plane!", he snatched the bags from me and carried it, while talking.

"I'm not a kid! I'm 20 this year!", I stamped my foot and exclaimed. He's been calling me a kid, since I was 15! And he's still not stopped.

"Arraseo, arraseo! It's not safe for young girls to go alone on a plane!", he corrected.

"I'm fine! I'll call you, when I reach there, arraseo?", I promised.

"Ani! I'll call you every ten minutes! And you'll pick up, geucci?", he asked.

"But you have to switch off your phone in the plane!", I reasoned.

"Ugh.... then, I'm coming! Just wait for me! It'll just take 5 minutes!", he exclaimed and started running back upstairs.

"Aniiiii! I'll call you! Arraseo? I'll call you, when I reach the gate, in the plane and when I get off at Newark! Arraseo?!", I exclaimed, while pulling him back down. At least, I tried pulling him.

"You will?", he asked again.

"Deh, sunbaenim!", I saluted and started walking towards the front door.

"Will you be okay?", Taehyung asked me.

"Ughhhh..... of course, I would be okay! It's fine! Don't worry!", I said, hugging him. My bestie!!

I hugged everyone.... Eomma, Appa, Orabeoni, Yoongi oppa, Hobi oppa, Taehyung and Kookie.

"Hey. If you face any problems, you can call me. Arraseo? I'll try solving it.", Yoongi oppa came to me personally and told me.

"You too?! I'm not going to die! Even you are worried?! Wae?", I asked, surprised. I know that even he is worried..... Though, he doesn't know how to express it, the way the others did.

"Of course! You're still a kid! And that too, a girl! I know you wouldn't have any problems on your journey, but in case you do, call me and let me know! Arraseo?", he asked.

"Arasseo....", I dragged each syllable and sighed.

Finally, I got into the van, with Jiminie (I'll call him that over here..... I don't want to use formalities.... but please don't let him know)

Once we reached the airport and hugged him a last goodbye, before I leave, he actually cried. Tears slipped down his eyes, slightly.

"You're crying! Jinja?! Awww...... Orabeoni..... Uljima~ I'll come back really fast!", I comforted him, while rubbing soothing circles on his back.

He's really an over protective brother, but is a baby when it comes to these kind of situations. It's the first time, we're going to stay so far apart, in these four years we spent....

"Go.... go before the check in counter closes... And call me. Arraseo? Don't forget.", he sniffed and moved away.

"Aigosumnida!", I bowed playfully and walked towards the airport with my suitcase. I looked back and waved good bye again.