Prologue

Alison Williams played as Nina Dobrev

- 4 years before -
Alison Williams's  POV.

I shifted uncomfortably in the seat, my eyes drooping. Groaning softly, I pressed my knuckles against my eyelids in attempt to rub away the dreariness. Placing my palms to the leather, I pushed myself off the couch. My ears perked upwards at the distant sound of a door unlocking. My eyes darted towards the clock and a grin crept up my lips.

11.43pm

It was earliest he had ever arrived. Heart beating with joy, I padded down the hallway, turning the corner, begninning to finally approach the doorway. Unbeknownst to the situation that I was soon to be faced with, I smiled widely and picked up my pace. But to my outmost shock, what I witnessed before me had wiped the smile clean of my face.

My husband. My rock. My world. My everything.

His arms were wrapped around a woman's waist, their bodies pressed together and lips locked. Her hands were winded in his hair, tugging occasionally. He was groping her bottom, to which she replied by jumping up and snaking her legs around his hips, bringing him close. His hands held the bottom of her thighs as they kissed, never breaking apart.

I wasn't definite about how long I stood there just staring as I watched my heart slowly crumble. Late nights. Work. Business meetings. Conferences. It was all a lie. One whole lie.

It was clear that the two had no idea that they had an audience. Unable to watch as his hands crept under her dress, a choked sob escaped my lips. They both stopped, and I watched as Blake removed his lips from her neck, frowning as he saw me.

"Oh...hey."he mumbled, his expression tired and indifferent.

Hey? He was saying hey? Hey after I had just seen my husband kissing another woman? Hey? Who did this man think he was?

Fisting my hands, I glared,"Who is she?"

He rolled his eyes, sighing and pressed his lips against hers, passionately. Pulling away after a few seconds, he smiled at her. Feeling the remnants of my heart squeezing painfully, I closed my eyes but opened them quickly. The image of the two in each other's arms seemed to be pasted firmly at the front of my eyelids.

"Give me a second baby. I'll be right back." he whispered, his lips brushing against her ear.

Blinking back my tears, I willed myself to not cry. But my attempt was futile, and a single tear rolled down my cheek. She nodded, turning around and walking out the door. He turned toward me his whole demeanour now suddenly angry.

"Alison, I want to get a divorce."

My breathing hitched, and I can't help the stutter in my voice,"W-What?"

He sighed, running a hand through his hair as if he was exasperated with my presence.

"I don't love you. Never have. Never wil. In my eyes you are merely just a woman by my side as some sort of accessory. You are just a good for nothing whore, who only knows how to get money from others and spread her legs for every man she sees. In fact, I hate you. You are bitch. A slut. A piece of fucking shit. Just do the both of us a favour and sign the damn papers, then get the hell out of my life."

Each word was a blow to the gut. Bitch. Slut. A peice of shit. He didn't love me. He hates me. He despises my presence.

"W-Why? Am I not good enough?"I choked out, my eyes fixed on him, as he stuffed his hands into his pocket, putting his weight onto his right foot.

He laughed humourlessly, his voice cold,"You were never good enough."

My fingers fisted the thin nightgown that clung onto my frame, the other hand resting on my gaping mouth. Desperate to keep my tears in and not collapse before him, I clenched my jaw defiantly.

You were never good enough.

All my dreams. All my hopes. Everything just came crashing down. The meaning and genuineness in his voice seemed to be a like stab to the stomach, the hilt of the digger twisting deeper and dipper, intent on leaving its mark. Nights, days, weeks, months. I had spent so much time, hoping, wishing that he would finally notice me. But when he did, the truth of his feelings towards me were completely opposite from what I had dreamt of.

I feebly nodded my head, my heart reaching out in desperation to find some sort of proof that this wasn't happening. That this wasn't real. I yearned for this to be a nightmare and I was yet to wake up, shivering in fear but still attached to the man who I loved deeply.

Raising my head, I allowed myself to gaze into his deep, brown eyes. The same brown eyes that I had fallen so hard for. Hate, repulsiveness, irritation, relief. The emotions swirled in the depths of his eyes, the waves crashing against the sand, his eyes fiery with despise. There was no trace of guilt or regret. Just the continue thunder of hate.

And it was aimed at me.

But yet, my heart still believed that he at least felt something for me. Maybe a flicker of hope still remained deep down inside me, but the light from the candle was beginning to die down, the raging winds and darkness around it slowly engulfing the small light .

Quivering, my eyes locked with him, my voice quivering as I spoke.

"D-Do you regret this Blake? Tell me, do you regret this? Will you regret this?"

My voice had begun to rise, and I quickly composed my anger as a few tears leaked down, trailing down my cheeks. It was a question that was keeping the hope within me alive. That small candle. It flickered. For him. The answer to the question will determine our the fate of the candle. My heart slammed against my rib cage, and I find myself holding my breath as I awaited his answer.

He paused, his expression emotionless.

"No."

And it was only then had everything hit me with great force.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!  Thanks for clicking on my story with my amazing cover made by @SamuelStormbringer , go check him out! This is my first billionaire story so I must admit that I'm not completely familiar with it, however I will try my best. I would appreciate if there isn't any rude comments, not just towards me but also to my readers. As well as this, please do not copy my story. I've worked really hard for this, and it would be terrible if someone would take advantage of that. Now, before I bore you from long speech (or you've probably skipped it, anyway ;) ) I would love to give a huge thanks to all my supporters, who have been with me during this story. 

Anyway I love you guys and I hope you have a great day! <3

Don't forget to smash that star!