Let go

I GOTTA LET U KNOW, THAT I NEED TO LET U GO, HARD TO SAY GOODBYE..I'M READY TO LET GO - WHOO, WHOO, WHOO. Istg, I'm so whipped.

Can I have a raise of hands, well comments, on how many of you guys forgive Blake and how many still despise him?

Blake finally returned to his position back as the manager of the restaurant a month after the incident. After being given a few weeks to mould his life back to usual, his major company in which he shone brightest at, had whisked away him.

Jake, who had stepped into Blake's shoes for the period of his departure, was a great boss but no one, not even his father could beat Blake's natural talent in having a mass of people under his utter control.

The step-sibling's relationship had taken a sharp turn, hateful glares dispersing into muffled giggles. It was an adorable sight to view.

"You should go talk to him."Elizabeth insists, the pads of her fingers pressing lightly at my lower back.

After the conversation at the hospital, things had been rather strained between Blake and I. I wasn't terribly furious with the man, nor did I accept what he did was wrong. I was so confused on what I was to do.

It appears as the girl beside me notices, lips quirking upwards in a gentle smile, as she shakes her head, "It's time to let go of the past. It can never be changed, forgotten, erased or even edited. But it can be accepted."

Fingers reach down to intertwine our hands together, "I think...I think it's time to let go if this anger. The betrayal. The hurt. Let it go, Alison. Let go."

My eyelids have unconsciously fluttered close, the black of what I could see strangely calming, palms limp at my side and body relaxed, rather unnatural from it's common stressed hunch.

Let go. Accept.

Elizabeth's nurturing voice almost like a lullaby in my mind, the sensation of a gentle hand brushing through my hair. I imagine Blake, features worried and pleading back in the hospital, calloused hands grasping mine.

Was it too much? To treat him like he treated me? To strive for revenge?

Yes. It's the quiet voice at the back of my mind that strikes a bolt of guilt through my stomach. I was a hypocrite. I had behaved terribly towards him. Broken his heart like he had done to mine.

Deep down, I knew all along that what I had done was simply for vengeance. To make him feel the pain I had felt.

So why did I not feel satisfied, overjoyed at the success of tearing him down like he had done to me? Why did I feel nothing but the empty, hollowness of unbearable guilt?

Maybe, it's to let it go. To gently pry away the ruffled wings of the rumpled butterfly, the intricate patterns of the detailed skin glistening under the dying rays of the sun. To allow it to spread it's wings, the worries of the land fleeting at it's feet.

And fly.

[A/N: The number of references, I can't - jhsjcanw]

_________________________

I feel free, void of worries as I finish off the rest of my shift. There is no anxiety that pumps my veins as I catch Blake's gaze. He's leaning against the wall, blazer draped lazily over his shoulder as he surveys the room, meeting my stare.

Before I may have scowled and glared, but now I do not feel the need to inflict pain upon him. In what way would that help the both of us? What good would that create?

Instead, I smile lightly, tilting my head as a nod of acceptance of his presence before turning away. My chest feels lighter at the small action, mind clear of angst filled thoughts.

An hour later, I step out of the restaurant, clothes returned to their usual casual look and arms linked with Elizabeth. As usual, the girl is chattering on about something that brings nothing but utter amusement to me, her fury my entertainment.

"Alison!"

Elizabeth stop mid-conversation, eyes sparkling as she recognises the owner of the voice, twisting the both of us around to face the direction of the sound.

Blake is jogging towards us, a nervous smile playing on lips as he comes to a stuttering stop before me.

"Hi."he breathes out, cheeks flushing as he stares openly at me.

Beside me, I can hear Elizabeth muffling a squeal over her sweater, a wide smile gracing her features, fingers nipping the side of my hip teasingly.

I blush at her attitude, predicting the intimate thoughts that must race in her mind, head ducking to hide my burning cheeks as I whisper my own greeting, "Hey."

"Imma just, let you do your thang."Elizabeth suddenly pipes up, a mischievous glint in her eyes as she wiggles her eyebrow, accent differing.

Blake chuckles as he watches his step-sibling disappear down the street, a fond expression splayed across his features as he watches her go by, eyes never tearing from her figure until he is certain that she's safely in her car.

"So?.."I prod, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

He seems rather nervous now, the corners of his lips tucked under his teeth as he avoids eye contact.

"Yeah, see the thing, I was kind of w-wondering if we could...we could be friends?"he stutters, a palm rubbing his nape, eyes flickering to the floor.

"I know you don't like me and all."he says hastily, pink dusting his cheeks, "And that's reasonable b-but I don't want to lose you Alison. You're an amazing woman, and if can't call you mine being your friend would be more than enough."

He offers a weak smile, eyes darkening in misery, "It's fine if you don't want to. I get it."

With little negative emotions harboured towards the brown haired male I mull over his words. Friendship wasn't exactly what I would have earned for if I were him. Would it not be uncomfortable to be friends with the one you had once despised at one moment in your life? Was it worth it to take a risk?

Let go. Accept.

I grin at him, fingers extending to bop his nose teasingly, "Friends."

__________________

I feel like I lost majority of readers after making them friends, lmao. But I'll just say right here that harbouring such hateful emotions isn't healthy, both for you and that person. Let it go. Move on. Be the bigger person!