Mrs Ryder

Alison's POV.

I stalked into the restaurant, my tongue peeking from my lips as my hands winded in my hand, the small elastic band desperate to capture the mess I had formed. My blouse was rumpled and creased, making me look completely unprofessional and hasty. I hadn't eaten breakfast this morning, only grabbing a nutrition bar as I ran out the door, my handbag slipping in my fingers.

Clover had been the reason for my pitiful state. She had decided that she would destroy my bathroom on the first day I would be officially working for Blake. Smart thinking right? I had stumbled dreamily into the bathroom this morning, my eyes dropping as I rubbed the drool from my lips only to step into something extremely wet. Glancing down, I had shrieked in disgust at the brown swirl that now represented a squashed pancake. The brown was now smeared against my foot, specks of yellow emerging from the depths of it. Nearly fainting at the disgusting encounter of stepping in my dog's poo, I had awaken fully, taking in my bathroom. The shampoos bottle were thrown to the floor, content of the liquid splaying against the tiles. Puddles of wee and poo littered the toilet, mixing with the shampoo. After scolding Clover for a full ten minutes, in which she had her ears pressed against her head and her tail between her legs, I had stormed off to the my room to only see the time and realise I was terribly late to work.

After throwing on the clothes I had worn yesterday I had rushed to the restaurant, forgetting to wash the dog poop on my foot. So here I am, covered in sweat, hair a mess and uniform crumpled, not to mention about one and half hours late. Shuddering as I felt the poop squelch beneath my foot, I made my way to the kitchens, eager to rest my aching body.

But of course, fate was never a fan of me and I slammed right into a familiar structure. Spluttering, I backed away, glaring at the man.

"What the hell?"I shrieked.

He scowled at me, rubbing his chest where my head had just came into contact with.

"Honestly Al, watch where your going."

Elbowing him in the ribs, I shoved him out the way, making my way to the kitchens. Luke winced, but followed me, occasionally grumbling about how 'freakin rude' I was.

But as I pushed past the double doors, the heat from the food slamming against my body, Luke decided that he just had to comment about my appearance.

"Uh Alison?"

"Yeah?"

"Why do you look like you just had a hot make out session with some creep or something?"

My eyes widened, and I turned on my heel giving him a incredulous look.

"What the fuck?"

He shrugged, a small grin creeping up his face,"Hey, face the facts. Your clothes are crumpled, like someone groped you like no tomorrow. Glad you're getting some Al, real proud I am."

"Oh my god Luke, I haven't been getting it on with someone random stranger! Clover just killed the bathroom this morning, and I had to clean up her mess."

His nose crinkled, and a look of comprehension flooding his face,"Ahh right, that's why you smell like shit."

I rolled my eyes, flipping him off and quickly hurrying away from his chuckling form. Luke loved to get on my nerves. He was one of the most irritating people I have ever met but I don't know what I would do without the idiot anyway.

But just as I dodged a man who was holding a tower of dirty plates, sweat beading at his forehead, a hand grasped my shoulder, turning me around.

I rolled my eyes, and crossed my hands over my chest.

"Luke, I did not have sex with some stranger!"I snapped.

But to my outmost horror, I wasn't seeing his comforting blue orbs, just deep brown ones that swam in fury.

Blake clenched his jaw, his expression cold,"Who's Luke? And who did you have sex with?"

Shoving him away from me, something that had became a trend between us, I scowled at him.

"Oh fuck off Mr.Ryder, like you care."

His eyes fired with fury and irritation, and I internally smirked, smugly. His annoyance seemed to fuel the confidence within me, and I found myself enjoying it.

"Alison, answer me."

"I don't need to, Mr Ryder. This is my personal business and may I remind we must keep this sticky professional.

"May I also point out that you are working for me, and I expect the staff to treat me with outmost   respect."

I rolled my eyes, already sick of talking to him for a full minute. His presence irritated me and all I wanted to do was run halfway across the planet to avoid him.

"Yes sir."I mocked, crossing my arms over my chest and popping my hip to the side.

His hands were fisted at his sides, and I knew he was resisting the urge to snap at me, but both he and I knew that anyone would see his actions, putting his reputation on a dangerous thread.

My smirk widened, and I smiled innocently,"Is there anything bothering you Mr Ryder?"

"Back to work Mrs Ryder, I'm sure you have a lot to do."

I clenched my jaw, flexing it in anger. Not caring about any curious eyes, I strode forward, gripping the his collar.

Pulling him closer towards me as I was unable to lift him up, I snarled viciously, my eyes narrowing at him.

"I am not 'Mrs fucking Ryder', never was, never will be. So get whatever Disney dream you have in your mind about us having a fucking relationship out of there, because that shit will never happen. Do you fucking understand?"

He nodded, his head hanging in shame. Letting go of his clothing, I shoved him away from me before turning on my heel, making sure to wave my hips in a show of triumph.

He had once won. He had once taken over of my fragile being, manipulating me to belive that he was good. He was right. And I had fallen for it. I had believed that he was a God compared to me. I had held him on a marble pedestal, admiring him for his success. But I was wrong. He wasn't perfect. He was simply an arrogant, selfish, stubborn man who expected that everything went his way.

But this time, that wouldn't work. This time, everything would change. This time I was stronger. This time I was the one on the pedestal. This time I wasn't the one who was the love sick puppy, who trailed behind.

This time, I would win.

_____________________

QUESTION: Who is your favourite singer?
Answer: probably camilla. her vocals are out of this world. 💞

So what about you guys?