Another encounter

Alison's POV.

"You okay? You seem out of it."Luke asked, concern oozing from his voice.

I smiled weakly, nodding at him,"Yeah, just a bit tired."

He hummed, not believing me, but letting the subject slide. After my encounter with the man I despised the most, I had been extremely cautious. It was obvious from his previous gestures that he wanted me back. Probably to be available to higher business deals. Laughing dryling, I rubbed my palms against my skirt. From the corner of my eye, Luke gave me a confused look, his eyebrows raised.

"Okay, that's it."he declared, slamming his towel down on the table and turning around to face me,"What's wrong? Who should I beat up? And don't give me that 'it's nothing, I'm fine Luke' shit."

I chuckled at his horrible imitation at my voice. Wringing my hands together, I bit my lip, uncertain whether I should tell my best friend or not. Not wanting to keep my feelings bottled up and let them get to me, I let out a sigh.

"He came today."I mumbled, looking down at my shoes.

"What?"

"Blake...he-he visited me this morning."

Luke's eyes enlarged,"What?!"

Cracking a smile, I avoided his gaze,"Yeah, surprising right?"

He didn't seem to hear me, instead striding forwards and grabbing my hands, before turning me around.

"Did he hurt you Al? If he even touched you...did he touch you?! I swear to God that asshole is going to get it!"

I laughed, covering his mouth with my palm. Waiting till he finished his rant, I removed my hand, grinning sheepishly at the curios staff nearby.

"Shut up, he didn't hurt me. I did though."

He furrowed his eyebrows, obviously not understanding where I was going,"What do you mean?"

Taking a deep breath, I begin to explain what had occurred this morning. By the end of my little story, Luke was grinning smugly before pulling me into an embrace.

"You make me so proud baby sis."

I rolled my eyes, prying his fingers off my waist which was to no avail. His grip remained as strong as steel.

"Let me go Lu!"

He laughed, releasing me but of course not without giving me a noogie. Grumbling, I took a few steps away from the annoying man, shooting him a glare.

"For the last time Luke, not the hair!"

Luke grinned cheekily, shrugging.

----------------------------------------------

Placing a dish carefully on a table, I smiled warmly at the customer. The woman gave me an irritated look as I scrambled to take another customer's order. Today had been hectic. It seemed like the whole city wanted to enjoy lunch at Madame André's. Great for the restaurant but terrible for the staff. My soles were aching, and I was tempted to take my heels off and throw them at the bald man near the water fountain. He was extremely picky, constantly questioning me about the ingredients, whether the kitchen was clean, hygienic and all.

Mrs André, my boss, was immensely distressed as well, begging us to pick up our pace. She was my idol.

She had found me working at the local McDonald's, barely earning a reasonable salary and had pitied me. After recognising me, she had questioned me why the wife of million Blake Ryder was working at such a shop. At the time, the news of break up hadn't reached the ears of the media. Luckily. Breaking down, I began to tell her my life story, grateful to have someone to free my emotions too. After listening to me she had offered me the job at her restaurant, and putting a roof under my head. I would forever be thankful for her generosity.