Nothing

Blake's POV.

"Another Vodka."

The bartender throws me a doubtful look,"You sure 'bout that mate? You already had lot."

"Just give me the damn drink."I snarled.

He rolled his eyes, obliging and handing me the bottle of alcohol. With hasty hands I uncork the bottle, pressing it to my lips. I closed my eyes as my throat lapped in the burning liquid.

I close my eyes as I allow myself to forget.

Forget my father and the problems my family hold. Forget my reputation as a honoured business man in the field of business. Forget my broken relationship.

Forget her.

But I can't.

I just can't.

Her face is still taped across my eyelids, ready to greet me as I close them.

I remember tarnishing her reputation.

I remember calling the newspapers and addressing them on the fall of our 'relationship' and dropping the blame on her. I remember denying my love for the girl who I had continued to ruin for years on end. I remember dating other girls to try and forget.

I remember regretting all of it.

It had taken me four years.

Four fucking years.

Four fucking years to gather enough courage to face the girl who was determined to hate me unlit she let out her last breath. Four fucking years spent watching her in the dark. Watching as she grew from the pretty girl I had known, greeting me at her father's mansion to the gorgeous woman who turned many men's heads.

A woman I could've had but had been stupid enough to let go.

I hadn't realised I had started crying until the moisture began to form at my cheeks.

"Fuck."I mumbled, wiping at my eyes as I check to make sure that no one is watching but it is simply impossible to see through the blur of tears.

The bottle I am holding is empty by now, and I throw up a quivering hands, signalling the bartender,"Another one. [A/N: DJ Khalid]."

The man purses his lips but hands me another bottle either way,"I'm tellin' ya. If ya die, it ain't ma fault. I warned ya, alrigh'?"

I rolled my eyes, snatching the bottle from his eyes as I latch my lips onto the rim off the bottle as if I were a newborn cow, suckling from her mother's milk.

At the moment I don't care.

I don't care if all my money and work that I had spent years building collapsed. I don't care if I lost everyone and everything. I don't care if I died that very moment.

It wouldn't matter if I had her.

It would've been okay. Because she would be there, hands caressing my hair as she mumbles soothing words in my hair, holding me close. She would be mine, in my arms.

But she wasn't.

I don't know what makes me stumbles out of the bar, tears running down my face as the freezing air of the night scratches at my skin.

My phone is in my hand, fingers typing in the passwords and scrolling through my contacts.

Babe ❤️

[A/N: Ik, Ik cringy contact name but I'm dead ass tired, don't judge]

Through my tears I can feel my lips curve upwards at the words and contact picture beside it.

She looks beautiful. As usual.

She is sleeping in the photo, her hair ruffled lightly, eyes fluttered close and lips agape. The photo had been taken during our marriage. It had only been a month after I discovered that I had actually fallen in love with girl that I had vowed to destroy. When I had been foolish. Foolish enough to continue to deny my love for her. Deny my feelings and in the end ruin both myself and her in the end.

It is hard to breath now.

My tears keep rolling down my cheeks, sobs coming out choked as my thumb trembles over the call button.

Her smile. Her laugh. Her eyes.

The rings echo across the black of light as I hold the phone tightly against my ear as if it is my lifeline. My breath is hitched as I await the sound of her melodious voice travelling through the speaker.

She doesn't pick up.

It goes straight to voicemail.

A strangled cry leaves my lips as I close my eyes, the silvery substance falling from my lashes and hitting the soft material of my shirt.

"A-Alison? Babe?"I whimper, hoping that their will be some sort of reaction or reply.

Who am I kidding? It's voicemail for God's sake.

"I k-know you you don't want to see my right now. Hell, if I were y-you I wouldn't either. I get it though.
I get why you act as though I'm nothing. I deserve it...I really do."

Silence.

"I j-just want to say that...that if that guy you seem to like..Lucy or something like that. If he messes up I'm here. I'm here for you. We d-don't have to be in a relationship or something but friends? Please?"

My clenched fists unravel as tears continue to fall from my lashes, as I sob, feeling the last specks of determination slowly drip away.

"Godamnit Lisa."I sob into the phone, not caring if I sounded absolutely, fucking pathetic to the woman of my dreams,"I can't do this anymore. Fuck! I need you. I need you so bad...please come back to me. Please."

All my emotions. Feelings. Everything.

Everything comes crashing down. Like a tidal wave hitting the shoreline, everything collapses.

My knees give out under me and I drop to the floor, sobbing into my hands and phone long gone, sitting innocently on the grass as if it held no memory of recording the break down of one of the most influential men in the world.

A man who had everything. Money. Cars. Hotels. Beaches.

Everything.

But also a man had nothing.