Furious

I'm so sorry for not updating in such a long time! Thank you for the continuous support I am getting from you all! Still in my writers block, sorry. :-(

You guys are the best, and I love you so much! <3

Alison's POV.

"Who was that?"

Elizabeth whips around, her hands pressed tightly on the back of the door as her chest raised up and down in shock.

She laughed nervously, taking a reluctant step form the door,"You scared me there, Ali."

I ignored her, tilting my head to the side.

"Sorry, but who knocked?"

A flash of uncertainty tinged with a hint of guilt passed her eyes before returning to the same cheerful expression I had grown accustomed to.

"Wrong number."she played off, waving her hand carelessly in the air,"Some guy thought he was rocking up to his girlfriend's."

"Oh."I nod, grinning back at her.

A relived smile tugged at her lips and she pressed the tips of her fingers lightly onto my shoulders, pushing gently.

"C'mon, let's go."Elizabeth said, guiding me down the hall,"Wanna watch a movie?"

"Yeah, okay."

She continues to act strange for the rest of her stay, constantly zoning out until I hit her lightly in which she would shoot upright, her eyebrows pinched together in alarm.

She acted as though she deeply regretted something. And I was beginning ever more curious to know why my best friend had sudden change in behaviour.

"Elizabeth?"I prodded and she shook her head, turning to me with a small smile playing on her lips.

"Yeah?"

I leant back against the couch, allowing myself to appreciate the warmth that it provided,"Are you okay?"

Her lips tugged downwards and she threw me a confused look,"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"I dunno."I shrugged, sighing in exasperation,"You just haven't been acting the same way. It seems as if something is bothering you. Is everything alright?"

She nodded hurriedly, a nervous chuckle tumbling out her lips as she pushed her hair out of her eyes,"Yeah, everything's good."

I pursed my lips, turning my head to face the television as irritation to my friend began to pool at my stomach,"Okay then."

Why wouldn't she tell me? Did she not trust me enough?

I squeezed my eyes shut as I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. Maybe something was going on in her life. Something big. Something that effected her in a bad way.

And maybe she just wasn't ready to tell me.

She would tell me when the time was right. When she was ready.

But I can't help the twinge of suspiciousness that nipped at my abdomen that whatever was going on had something to do with the whoever was at the door.

______________________________________________________

We decided to return to work that day, Elizabeth begrudgingly so after whining and complaining.

I didn't want to put my whole life on hold just because of a man. I didn't want to show him that he had gotten to me.

I would never bow down to that man ever again.

My past mistakes had proven the consequences well enough and I wasn't willing to walk down the same road.

"Remember Ali,"Elizabeth begins as we walk past the sliding doors of the entrance of the restaurant,"he says one word to you and you come right to me and I swear to God I will kick his sorry ass - "

I rolled my eyes, cutting her off,"I'm perfectly okay if you leave out the gruesome details."

She pouts,"Aww, but those are the good bits."

I shake my head, laughing lightly as I made my way to prepare for the customers that would be soon flooding into the restaurant.

Elizabeth dodges a man who's front is covered in a sick yellow gravy, swearing loudly as he wipes at his white clothes.

"But seriously, if you need help kicking ass, call me."she winked, bumping her hip against mine.

"I'll keep that in mind."

I spot Blake standing at the corner of the room in deep conversation with a girl in a waiter's uniform. A twinge of irritation flared inside the pit of my stomach and I pursed my lips, looking away. Elizabeth frowns as she noticed my sudden change in mood, her eyes following where mine had just been.

A scowl tugged at her lips,"Seriously Alison?"

I ignored her.

"He treated you like shit."she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest as she shot me a reprimanding expression,"And yet you still love the guy? What the hell?!"

"I don't love him."

She rolled her eyes, drawling sarcastically,"Sure you don't."

"I think I know how I feel towards others, quiet well."I snapped.

"Do you? Do you really?"

The string of patience that withered dangerously close to the pair of scissors suddenly snapped, and I find myself shouting at her.

"Just back off!"

The room is in silence.

Everyone is staring.

Blake is watching me with concerned eyes, Elizabeth with a pissed off expression and others with curious stares. And I hated it all.

I hated the stares I was given.

Cursing under my breath, I shove past Elizabeth, my head bowed as I rushed to the staff room. Tears of humiliation were beginning to form at my eyes and I clenched my fists, my nails digging into my palms.

I hear a pair of footsteps hurrying to follow me into the staff room as I slam the door behind me. The person is panting lightly as they put their hand on my shoulder.

At that point I was furious. Furious at my friend for probing at my love life. Furious at everyone in the room for staring openly at me. Furious at Blake for talking to that girl.

"What the fuck do you want?"

My voice is deadly low, a tinge of animosity lining my words.

"I'm sorry."

My eyes widened as I recognised the owner of the voice and immediately whipped around, feeling my eyes became glassy. My mouth hung open and my hands are limp at my sides.

"Luke?"