Kisses

Alison's POV.

"W-What?"

He continues to smile.

The same broken smile.

"I love you."he repeats.

I smiled nervously, pushing the hair out of my face,"You don't really m-mean that?"

He frowned,"Why wouldn't I?"

I don't know where the negative emotions come from but thoughts of my time with Blake begin to rush into my mind.

How I wasn't enough for him. How I would never be enough for him.

Funny isn't it that I still think of the man who breaks my heart even when in the presence of another who is confessing to me.

"Look at me!"I exclaimed, gesturing to myself, feeling my eyes become glassy,"I'm nothing! You can do so much better Luke! You deserve so much better! I'm broken!"

"I don't care!"

I shake my head, hands gripping my hair, tears flooding down my face,"You should! Why would you want something so used?"

"You're perfect to me."he whispered, stepping forward.

My chest heaves from every sob, my vision blurs from every tear but what hurts the worst is my heart.

It seems to be on fire.

This man. The very man who had been my best friends for four years happened to have fallen in love with me. How, I'm not sure?

There isn't anything special about me.

I'm not pretty. I'm not funny. I'm not nice. I'm not skinny. I'm not entertaining.

I'm plain. I'm boring.

He's close now.

So close that our noses are touching.

Our lips are nearly touching, his warmth breath fanning against mine. His hands ghost over my hips, holding me close. Chest against chest.

My breath hitches as his eyes flickers down to my lips.

"L-Luke."

The familiar broken smile paints his lips, and his eyes capture mine,"I know you don't feel the same but...but can I please just kiss you? I promise I'll leave you alone after that."

I feel myself nodding, my heart squirming with anticipation.

For some reason I want him to kiss me. I want to feel his lips against mine, my fingers tangled in his hair.

And so ever so slowly he pressed his lips against mine.

I can feel the passion and love that radiates from him as he kisses me. His hurt mingles with his adoration and I taste salt on my lips as he pulls away.

He is crying.

Yet he is smiling.

"I love you, Alison Williams."

I'm the one who pulls him in this time.

He is quick to reply.

I can feel him smiling sadly through the kiss as I reach up and thread my fingers into his brown hair.

But nothing last forever.

The door is opened and to my outmost shock it's the last person I would want to see.

Blake.

We jump away from each other, both blushing furiously at being caught in the act.

I expect Blake to shout. Scream.

But he doesn't.

Instead he stand there, a broken look displayed on his face.

The same broken smile that Luke had worn plays on his lips and he nods as if he is talking to himself.

"Blake."I mumbled.

I'm not sure what to feel at that moment.

I know that I do not share any romantic feelings towards Luke. But then why had I reacted so positively to his kiss? And then there was Blake. The man who had made my heart whole but ended up shattering it as well.

Guilt tugs at my heartstrings as I view Blake's crestfallen expression.

He shakes his head, a tear falling from his eye,"No, I understand. He's better for your. He always was. I shouldn't be selfish. If I love you, I should let you go. And he's the perfect man for you."

His voice breaks as he speaks,"I just want to say that I love you. Always have. And I will forever regret how I treated you before. If there was any way to turn back time I would. I love you so much."

He turns to Luke a defeated look in his eyes.

"You're a really lucky guy and I hold nothing against you. Seriously. But I swear if you hurt her I will find you, and I will not hesitate to fucking kill you. But other than that I wish you both the best in the future."

And he throws another a depressed smile before closing the door gently behind him.

We hear cries as he walks away.

____________________________________

Sorry for the short chapter! Hope u enjoyed the double update tho!