Doubts

Alison's POV.

Friendship. Friendship was a fragile bond. A bond that could be broken by the slightest of touches. Secrets could tarnish the wool you had created between yourselves, bringing each other closer. Friendship could fall at anytime. Anywhere. Anyway.

It was simply another path in life. Some friendships just didn't last. Their material may have been made from the finest of silk, but still too weak to sustain years of joy.

And maybe that was us.

Maybe the time between Luke and I were special but it was never meant to be. Maybe he was right about this. He was right about ending whatever was left between us.

But I can't help but regretting the last words I had said to him. I had pushed him down, uttered such harsh words at him and still he remained impassive. He was hiding something. I had known Luke for three years to know him inside out.

Was three years of friendship simply a waste for him? Did our friendship meant nothing to him?

I sniffled, dragging the blankets closer to my chin as I gazed with boredom at the book in my hands. With a heavy sigh, I closed the book, knowing that my attempt at forgetting the prior events even just for a few minutes, were feeble. The shiny gold letters were printed neatly against the front cover, coupled with a drawing of dragon its jaws opened menacingly as it roared, fire soaring from its great mouth. A boy in black robes was flying straight at a golden egg, his face etched in concentration, the tips of his robes flying dangerously close to the fire.

[A/N: Can you guys guess what book? ]

The Goblet Of Fire.

I had read the Harry Potter series many times and still I couldn't cease the anticipation that stirred within me as I flipped past every page. But at moment even J.K Rowling seemed helpless in the storm. J.K Rowling couldn't make me forget the broken friendship that had seemed to slash an unfound string.

"Nothing ever last does it, Clo?"

She titled her head to the side, her pink tongue hanging lazily from her mouth as she gazed at me with utmost confusion. I sighed, reaching out and patting her in search of a beacon of comfort.

You were never good enough.

Did Luke give up on me because he was bored with me? Did he roll his eyes everyday he saw me? Did he sigh in annoyance when I would attempt to start a conversation?

And I couldn't blame him really.

I was just me. Alison Williams. The woman with the pitiful story of being cheated on and thrown aside by her so called lover who happened to be a famous billionaire that ruled over others. The amount of hate I received after our break up was unbelievable.

I still remember distinctly, the days after I had fled from Blake's mansion and the news of our break up had trickled over the state when many people who had recognised me from the front covers of their daily newspaper had openly glared at me, whispering into their friend's ears.

- Flashback to 4 years ago -

I glanced warily at the mob of girls that were fast approaching me. I had been camping out in a nearby hotel for the 4 days after I had caught Blake, and I couldn't say I was a huge fan of it. The grimy pillows and sheets, and plastic tasting breakfasts didn't appease my appetite, yet it was all I had at the moment. All I could afford.

My body was still numb with what had happened and I hadn't came to a conclusion of what I was going to do with my life yet. Pathetic isn't it?