Epilogue

Alison's POV.

"And here's your cinnamon dolce, sugar-free, latte." a familiar voice announces as a frothy drink is propped up on the table before me.

Sighing in relief as my fingers curl around the plastic, I shrug my glasses from the bridge of my noses to offer a grateful smile to the man who stands a few feet beside me, "Oh God, you're a life saviour."

"No problem, I - "Blake grins cooly, tucking his phone into his back pocket as he straightens up.

"I paid for it." another voice intervenes, irritated and huffy, "Don't steal credit for my money Ryder."

"Really now Luke?" a short, petite woman snorts, frame splayed messily over the cream couch.

Lips jutting forward into a swollen pout, the man who seems yet to mature, whines as he pesters his girlfriend of five years to side with him.

A hand suddenly encloses my shoulder and I tilt my chin to smile lightly at my dark-haired friend who snickers at the visibly irritated Jieun.

"Poor girl."Elizabeth simpers, "Stuck with that pushover."

Laughing, I chose to not comment as I swivel back to the stack of papers that mount jeeringly down at me, the smile slipping rashly from my lips.

"Still a lot?" she says, fingers pulling at a chair to swing it beside my own.

Humming, I exhale heavily as I tuck the last of one folder into the various piles that shift around my desk.

"I could always give you a hand you know?"Blake offers meekly, shrugging as delves his fingers into his pockets, "Get some of it off your chest?"

"Please, dear God thank you."

Laughing softly, he joins the two of us at the fairly large desk, ballpoint in hand as I sift through the needed papers and pass them gratefully.

It had been a few months after Blake had decided to give up the restaurant, offering the building to me one Saturday afternoon when the five of us had gone out for a movie. At first, I had rejected the offer, much too flustered to comprehend the costly building that only the rich and gifted could afford to dine at. However at the disappointing answer, I had presented him with, he claimed that he was forced to close the restaurant down until a new tenant would be more than happy to step in and take the building under their wing, for a purpose they would be open to.

The thought of the restaurant being morphed into something other than what it was had triggered some sort of internal attachment within me and I had found myself darting to accept the offer sheepishly.

And so here I am the owner of the restaurant and overwhelmed with the work that had gone behind the scenes to keep the building running.

"You know what."Elizabeth suddenly announces from her whining state that presses against Jieun's giggling frame, "I've seen too many letters and numbers for a damn month, we're going out. Get up Alison, Blake please confiscate the pen."

Whining my disagreement, despite the petty fight I put up as Blake gently maneuvers me from the desk and upright, hand on the small of my back as he leads me to the door.

"We're getting drunk tonight kids!"Luke hollers, slamming the door behind the five of us as we stride down the streets.

"Nope."Elizabeth counters, eyes narrowed playfully at the giddy and, "I want to go bowling."

"Why?"Blake mumbles, nose crinkling in distaste as he throws his step-sister a questionable glance, "You suck at it."

"Excuse me?" she exclaims shrilly before her voice slips a few octaves and she hisses threateningly, "Bitch, i dare you to say that again-"