Happier

Ugh this is such a shitty update and I'm honestly so freakin disappointed in it. But I feel so guilty for not updating in a long time.

Unedited

Alison's POV.

Elizabeth doesn't have to ask whether or not our latest encounter turned out alright.

The shy smile on my lips, paired with the deep blush blooming against my cheeks were enough for her to let out an excited squeal, long arms pulling me into a elated hug.

She doesn't pester me with the usual pleading for details on what had occurred, a content smile on her expression

"Thank you."she mumbles against my shoulder, long arms wrapped around my waist as we hug.

I pull away slightly, eyebrows furrowing as I tilt my head to the side, "Why?"

Her eyes flicker towards hime, a gentle smile tugging at her lips.

"He's happier now."she whispers, brown orbs softening considerably, fingers reaching down to intertwines our hands together, "I've never seen him smile so widely before. All his life he's been pushing himself to do the best, be the best. He's never really gotten a chance to live life you know? It's work. All the time. But when he's around you, I can see a bit of his genuinely happy self."

Pity for the man twists at my gut, as I nod gently, encouraging to go on. Her eyes are slightly glassy, words stringed messily together.

"We never really had the best relationship. His mother's death hit him hard, but seeing his father move on with my mother killed him. He was angry. And then Jake started to pay less attention to him, dividing his love with the both of us. Pissed the kid off even more. To make matters worse, mum passed away soon after, from cancer."

[A/N: I just noticed that I made a mistake in all of this cuz I previously said that Eli was there when Blake's dad went depress but like ignore that! 😂]

A choked sob elicits from her parted lips as she pulls away, balled fists reaching up to rub harshly at her closed eyelids.

"Hey. Hey. Look at me."I prod gently, fingers prying at her chin until her teary eyes look up at him, "You don't have to go on, Eli. It's okay."

She shakes her head, sniffling, "No, you deserve to know. You're part of this fucked up shit."

She laughs, however there is no humour present in her voice, eyes glistening with unshed tears that reflect nothing but utter mourning.

"Jake went back to silence, that broke Blake. He had been slowly accepting the fact that his dad moved on and he didn't have to face his saddened father again. But it all came back. That night...I've never seen someone who looked so d-done. Like he had nothing left for him. A-As if he had given up."

Her lashes are heavy with tears, as I pull her closer towards me, whispering sweet words into her ears. Her body wracks with each dry sob, liquid blooming across my shoulder as she cries.

Never had once thought that such a bright, carefree girl would have such a murky past. She hid behind her smiles, telling the world she was fine. That she was okay. But inside she wasn't. Inside it was mess of screams, broken hearts, mourning. Everything was a mess of dark colours, smiles morphing into pleads of help.

I blame myself for not noticing sooner. For not comforting her.

"A-After that, he had to inherit the Ryder company. Dad was t-too messed up to take the job seriously. He was dead tired from hours of work, but he had no word in what he wanted. Angry too. He blames dad for allowing love to r-ruin him. As a kid, he never really understood love. No one gave it to him, and when they did, he was m-much too young to remember. So of course when dad set you two up, he was pissed off. After forcing him to take over a company h-he never wanted, dad chose his life partner for him. But he's a jackass for treating you the way he did."

"I'm s-sorry."she sniffles, swollen, red eyes looking up at me with apology, "I'm s-such a crybaby."

"Don't even think about that. You're not weak Elizabeth. You're one of the strongest people I know. You've just been strong too long, okay? Crying doesn't make you weak. It makes you human. We all have our shitty moments and sometimes we've gotta let it out. Don't think less of yourself."

She smiles, a small fist softly hitting my arms as she rubs furiously at her eyes with the hem of her sleeve, "You're so sappy."

I laugh, fingers extending to nip at her forearm eliciting an insulated yelp from the grinning woman.

___________________

I grin lightly as I glance at the back seat where Blake and Elizabeth are seated, the two laughing between themselves as they converse playfully.

It had been an hour since Blake had been discharged from the hospital, and now the four of us, including Blake's father are all seated in the sleek Mercedes.

"Oi! Stop it!"Elizabeth whines, darting away from her step-sibling's long fingers.

Blake snickers, tickling the giggling woman lightly on the side before retreating to his side of the car, watching her with tactful eyes, predicting her next move.

He doesn't imagine the thought of the said woman, flinging her seatbelt to the side, a cry of war falling from her lips as she throws herself on the shocked male.

"That's what you get you lil' shit!"she yells over his pleading laughs, long fingers flickering over his sides.

I smile softly at the scene, heart warming as the siblings slowly mend their once broken relationship, turning away to face the road, grin growing at the shriek that fills the car.

___________________

Chapter mainly consist of the sibling's relationship beginning to patch up.