Siblings

Alison's POV.

"Luke?"

The man before me is a man I cannot recognise.

He has deep bags under his eyes, his beard now prominent after days of no care and face weathered and tired.

He looks defeated.

"I..."

He sighed frustratedly, running a hand through his unkempt hair. He was mumbling something incoherent under his breath. He was in panic. Concern for my friend won out and I took a hesitant step forward.

"Luke."I said, gently, placing a hand on his bicep,"Is something bothering you?"

He snorted, raising his head to meet my eyes,"Oh, Alison."

It was as if he knew something I didn't. Something that he thought I knew.

Something that thought I should now.

"I-I need to talk to you."he said, managing to struggle the words out of him.

I nodded,"Alright, shoot. I'm all ears."

"But before I start."he adds, watching me with concerned eyes,"Whatever happened out there - he jerked his to the door - , are you okay?"

I pursed my lips, forcing on a smile,"Yeah, I'm good."

He throws me a disbelieving look but doesn't push the topic.

"I'm really sorry for pushing you about how you felt towards Blake."he began and I quickly intervened, feeling my own guilt beginning to creep towards my chest.

"I'm sorry too."I apologised, glancing down at my feet,"You're my best friend. You deserve to know what's going on. And I shouldn't have said the stuff I said that day."

His face controls painfully at my words and he cleared his throat, nodding,"See the thing is, I...I don't see you as just a friend."

My eyebrows furrowed together, and I titled my head to side as I try and comprehend his words. [A/N: This girl... *facepalms]

"What do you mean?"

He smiles.

Not his usual smile.

A broken smile.

"Can't you see Alison."he mumbles, smiling sadly as he shook his head at the ground.

"I love you."

_________________________________________________________

Blake's POV.

My eyes swivelled towards Elizabeth who is standing shocked, her mouth hung open as she watched Luke scurry after her friend.

"What did you say to her?!" I snapped, striding forward to glare down at her.

She shakes her head as if she was snapping herself out of her thoughts. Elizabeth looks up, glaring back at me with as much intensity.

"It's all your fault!"she shouts, jabbing her finger into my chest,"Why is it always you that fucks everything up!"

A chorus of gasps travel through the room from her words yet we take no notice.

"Do you know how much I fucking regret treating her like that?"

The room is silent other than my voice which is gradually increasing.

"Do you know how many sleepless damn nights I have to go through knowing that I broke the love of my life? How I practically treated her like shit? How I called her names and abused her emotionally! Damnit, I would do anything. I would fucking kill my self to turn back time just to apologies. To show her that I love her. But I can't fucking do that! Fuck!"

I'm crying now.

I don't care.

I don't care if everyone thinks I'm weak. I don't care if someone sees me.

I just want her.

I want Alison. I want Alison Williams.

But she hates me. The love of my life hates me.

My sobs increase at the thought. There is silence in room as they watch me, no one making anyone move.

"You really love her don't you?"

I raised my head, watching my step-sister through a blur.

My voice is raspy as I speak, heavy with emotion,"Yes. I love her so fucking much."

And she smiles.

Not a smirk. Not a taunting smile that holds a mockery that would anger me thoroughly.

No, a genuine smile.

"Then what the hell are you waiting for?"

I shake my head, throwing her a bitter smile,"She hates me. She doesn't want to see me."

She rolled her eyes, a smirk playing on her lips.

"She doesn't hate you. I would though if my man played that sort of shit on me. But what I'm trying to say is that you should give it a shot. Woo her. Surprise her. Dunno, do whatever. Just something that she'd appreciate. You'll regret not trying when she's in somebody else's arms."

The thought of her kissing another man angers me. I have no right to hold such anger at that because she didn't belong to me, but I can't help it.

I love her. I love her so much. Yet she hates me.

Unrequited loves sucks.

"Get on with it."she urges as I stand there, grinning stupidly,"Don't keep the woman waiting. And you can thank me later."

The people in the room cheer me on, and I can't hope the elated smile that tugs at my lips.

I laughed, hurrying to the staff room.

My heart is racing and my palms are sweating. What would I say? How would she react? Would she push away or welcome with me open arms?

I am at the door of the staff room, hands clasped against the doorknob. Adrenalin pumps through my veins and I push the door open, a wide smile painting my lips.

But it is soon wiped off.

They are kissing.

_____________________________________________

Do you guys still hate Blake?