Chapter 1 : Young Master Bai

Bai Sun is a man who comes and go from the sea. No woman could contain him. No woman could catch him. I know him since I was 10, and yet, I see him only a handful of times a year. And each time he is at Fa Port, he would stay for a short time - 7 days the longest. While it may be true that Bai Sun attitude toward me is different. My impression of him is never good.

While young master Bai may treats me well, he does not have the same attitude toward my family. This is why I never believe his feelings for me is genuine. How could he claim to like me when he treats the important people in my life with such discourtesy? With my cousin Min, he never acknowledges him. Fa Min was the Fa family young master - the one who would eventually inherit the port, but Bai Sun regards him like a servant. With the workers at Fa Port, he would ignore and pretended that they were air. What bothers me the most about Bai Sun is that he cared about nothing and no one but himself.

"Grandfather" Grandfather and I was having tea in the garden outside the Orchid Quarter when Min suddenly appeared. "Mei-mei"

"Min-ge" I saw his troubled expression. "What's wrong?"

"Bai Sun"

Only those 2 words and I already knew the root of Min's problem.

"What does young master Bai want?" I asked while refilled grandfather's tea cup.

"You know what he wants" Min looked at me with concern.

The frown on grandfather's face did not escape my attention.

"Min, you are the young master at the port" Grandfather set the cup of tea in his hand down as he spoke to Min sternly. "Why does this Bai Sun give you such a difficult time each time he comes?"

Min could only pinch his forehead like there was an aching headache. My normally cheerful cousin is actually at the breaking point. He never look this tired. I didn't like seeing this and because Bai Sun is cause, my impression of him only worsen.

"Wei Lan, you are to stay at the Fa Mansion" Grandfather ordered. "Min, you will learn to deal with Bai Sun. Your mei-mei should never be the collateral when doing business"

"You are correct grandfather" Min sighed softly. "Min will deal with the matter"

I felt guilty seeing Min leave.

"Grandfather... Wei Lan should go with Min-ge and speak_"

"Wei Lan" Grandfather stopped me with a gentle hand  over mine. "The reason why that young man is being difficult is because he knows it's the only way you will see him. Every time you go, we let him control the situation"

I knew that well, but it couldn't be help. The Bai Family is one of the biggest businesses for us.

"I know your concerns Wei Lan. Do not trouble over such things. Min can handle this"

Hearing grandfather say this, I quietly nodded, hoping that Bai Sun would be reasonable.