Chapter 51: Willing to Be Blind

When Wang Feng took me home, I was faced with Li Xia tearful face. I was sitting in bed with her holding onto my hands while crying. She felt so much guilt to have run without me. She couldn't sleep for days because there were no words of my whereabouts.

"I'm happy Li Xia is safe. Don't cry anymore"

"Jie-jie" She hugged me as she continued to cry.

Feng had just walked in carrying a tray of medicine when he scowled at his sister.

"Li Xia, I told you to be careful"

"It's ok Feng. Wei Lan can handle Li Xia hugs" I laughed softly and hugged her back.

"Jie-jie" Li Xia was touched and continued to hug me like a little girl.

"Enough" Feng grabbed her by her collar and pull her away.

"That hurts! Stupid Feng-ge"

"Feng, why are you so rough to your mei-mei?" I asked while Feng took his sister's seat.

Feng acted like he did nothing wrong and lifted a spoon of medicine to my lips. Sighing softly, I obediently drink in the medicine. Once I was done, he set the bowl aside and held me.

"Mei-mei"

I lifted my head from Feng's chest to see Min at the doorway beside mother.

"Min-ge" I smiled, happy to see my dear cousin.

He rushed to my side when I lifted a hand toward him.

"Mei-mei, your cheeks"

Min had wanted to inspect the healing scraps on my cheeks but was brushed off by Wang Feng who still had his arms around me. Seeing Min's glare toward Wang Feng, I was reminded that Min had punched Feng.

"Min-ge, Wei Lan is ok now... please don't be upset with Feng_"

"Don't cover for him" Min snapped angrily. "He failed to protect you"

"M_ Min-ge"

"I will report back to grandfather. When he knows this, he will_"

"Fa Min" Feng cut in sharply.

"You think I'm afraid of you?" Min scoffed.

"Min-ge" I yanked at his hand. "Please stop it"

Min was clearly upset. Feng was the same.

"Min-ge, Wei Lan will tell you this now. This is her home, she isn't going anywhere"

"Mei-mei"

"Min-ge" I looked up at him with pleading eyes. "You already hit Feng, it's enough"

"It's not enough! Mei-mei, do you understand the situation?"

"Min-ge_"

"He's Wang Feng, this country general" His gripped on my hand begins to hurt. "Who is brazen enough to kidnap his Wang Fei? Do you know how serious this is mei-mei?"

I do.

"Mei-mei, the person has to be someone in the court, high enough to dare_"

"Fa Min!" Feng shouted, wanting Min to stop scaring me.

"This is why grandfather doesn't want you to marry this man" Min shouted back, ignoring Feng.

I could hear Li Xia and Mistress Wang startled gasps.

"This..." Min looked pain – conflicted with guilt and anger. "Wei Lan... this is the scenario we had been so worried about... To have you in the center of his political affairs. To have you involved with the palace affairs. We had want for you to live free"

"Wei Lan is mine" Feng tore Min away from me and shove at him. "No one can take her from me"

Li Xia and her mother shriek with horror at the two men fighting in the middle of the room.

"Feng!" I screamed when I saw Feng swung at Min. "No, please!"

I tried stand up from the bed but fell instead. Instantly, Feng went to me, scolding me for moving as he put me back in bed.

"Feng, don't hurt Wei Lan ge-ge" I held onto his arm tight, keeping him at my side.

"He's trying to take you back" He was holding onto me as tight as I was holding to him. "I won't allow it"

"Wei Lan isn't going anywhere" I buried my face into his neck. "Feng... don't worry, Wei Lan will stay with Feng..."

Breathing hard, he held onto me – doing his best to control his anger while he held me. As I leaned my cheek against his skin, I looked over at Min. Min was watching us with confliction clearly shown on his face. Li Xia was crying, and mother was in the verge of tears herself. I didn't want to see this scene. Everyone shouldn't look so unhappy. I was fine and well. 

"Min-ge" I smiled softly at him. "Wei Lan is happy. Min-ge... Feng loves Wei Lan. Li Xia loves Wei Lan. Mother and father love Wei Lan. Grandmother loves Wei Lan... Grandfather, Uncle Zedong, and Min-ge all loves Wei Lan... Wei Lan is very happy – so much"

I hugged Feng tightly, feeling his warmth surrounds me.

"Min-ge, to live free is to live happily. Can't you see that Wei Lan has already found her happiness?"

"Mei-mei... Aren't you afraid that this may happen again?"

"Feng won't make the same mistake twice" I answered. "Wei Lan will take precaution from now on"

"Mei-mei, your love has blinded you"

I laughed softly and pressed my cheek against Feng warm skin making his arms tightened around me.

"Min-ge, when you're in love, you will realize you're willing to be blind"

Min sighed softly, his hand to his face – all the anger drained out of him.

"Stupid girl" Min muttered.

His words made me laugh.

"Stupid girl"

I felt relieved to see a small smile appeared on Min's face. Lifting my head, I saw the frown on Feng's face. With a small smile, I touched his furrow brow to sooth his temper.

"Feng... don't be angry at Min-ge anymore..."

Min let out a snort like he could care less if Feng was angry at him. But I continued to look up at Feng seeing his expression relaxed and soften.

"I won't kill him because he's your ge-ge"

Min, again, let out a snort like he could care less for Feng's words. Meanwhile, Li Xia and mother covered their lips to stop themselves from laughing.

"Thank you" I smiled up at Feng.

Feng bent his head and captured my lips. He kissed me tenderly before I pressed my fingers against his chin, ending the sweet kiss before it consumes us both.

"Mei-mei" Min said sarcastically. "Thanks for looking out for your ge-ge"

I continued to smile up at Feng. My attention was only for the handsome man holding me. Min rolled his eyes while Li Xia and her mother burst out laughing – no longer able to hold it in. Within a matter of minutes, they couldn't believe that the intense situation transformed into a humorous one.

"Jie-jie, mei-mei has a lot to learn from you"

I laid my head against Feng's chest and enjoyed his loving hold. I was happy to see everyone smiling again.