Chapter 28: Family Greeting

I was embarrassed. My whole body was flushed red as I stood beside Feng. In front of his grandmother, father, mother, and sister, I couldn't lift my head up. Meanwhile, Feng was all smiles. He was radiating with confidence, like nothing he did was wrong.

"Feng" His grandmother didn't know whether to laugh or cry. "How could you treat Wei Lan, your bride like this? To have kept her for the whole week knowing her family had wanted to see her"

Feng simply grinned while I pushed my head further down, feeling shame.

"Wei Lan"

Even though Elder Wang voice was soft and gentle, I was nervous. I had wanted to step forward and bow respectfully; instead, I nearly fell over if not for Feng's catch.

"Careful" He whispered huskily into my ear.

"Feng!" His grandmother scolded.

I stood up straight with a red face while Feng was looking at me with adoring eyes.

"Mother" Mistress Wang giggled softly. "Feng-er adores Wei Lan so it can't be helped"

Elder Wang sighed outwardly even though she was pleased inside.

"Feng-ge, mei-mei congratulate ge-ge for marrying a beautiful bride" I looked at Li Xia, moved to see her bow respectfully at me. "Wei Lan jie-jie, mei-mei greets sister-in-law"

"Please take care of Wei Lan" Even though I was embarrassed, I returned the bow.

Then I went to my knees and bowed low to my husband's grandmother and parents.

"Wei Lan greets grandmother, father, and mother"

Even though I was embarrassed, I lift my head and properly greet everyone.

"Good-good" Feng's father chuckled.

"From now on, I'll have another daughter in the house" Feng's mother smiled happily.

"Yes-yes" Grandmother laughed softly. "Stand up child"

Feng helped me get up. Wrapping a hand around my head, he kissed my forehead and smile. Feng had kissed me in front of his family so casually that his family was amazed. This loving side of Feng is complete opposite of his usual cold and intense demeanor.

"Now-now, the meals are ready to be served." Grandmother got up from her seat. "Wei Lan, today will the first day our family will have a meal together"

In the main hall, a large table with 7 seats was prepared. Sitting beside Feng, I was at awe to see so many dishes. It reminded me of the feast 2 years ago on Elder Wang's birthday celebration.

"Wei Lan" Feng's father spoke with a smile. "Today's meal is to celebrate the new addition to the Wang Family. Our usual meal is more humble"

I blushed, realizing that my expression was clearly on my face.

"Stop being so cute in front of others" Feng had an arm around my head and whispered gently. "Eat"

I tried not to fluster while I quietly ate the food Feng had put on my plate.