Chapter 8: Teasing

I woke up to a familiar surrounding. I was in my bedroom at the Fa Mansion. Sitting up, I realized it was morning with the pale orange sun light shining softly through the open windows. After washing up, I braid my long hair to one side and changed into a pale blue dress before I went to search for Min. When I found him in the main hall, he was talking to a servant from Wang Mansion.

"Min-ge"

I noticed the relief expression in the servant face.

"You're awake mei-mei" Min said with his usual smiles. "You fell asleep yesterday and didn't wake up last night for dinner. I was worried the trip has truly exhausted you"

"It seems so..." I would not deny that recent events have tired me out. "This person is..."

"From Wang Mansion" Min answered with a chuckle.

I bowed my head slightly to greet the older man. He quickly bowed low in return.

"It seems Wang Feng is throwing a tantrum at Wang Mansion" Min smirked. "You're ge-ge is being threaten for daring to take you back home"

I was surprised. Looking at the servant to see, I saw that he was indeed nervous.

"Your ge-ge doesn't want to go to Wang Mansion after being threaten yesterday" Min folded his arms.

I was a bit amused. Min was acting like a child.

"Y_ young master Fa" The servant was visibly scared. "Please, Master Wang will punish this servant..."

I could tell the servant was terrified.

"Hmph" Min turned away as if he didn't care.

Min was pouting. I didn't know what had happened, but I could guess. Min probably took me back when I had fallen asleep. Knowing Min and his protectiveness of me, he refused to let me stay in Wang Mansion overnight. I could also figure out that Wang Feng must have been furious. Wang Feng did not want me leaving Wang Mansion. He had wanted me to stay beside him.

"Min-ge" I asked softly. "Will you go with Wei Lan to Wang Mansion?"

"No and you're not going" Min didn't face me. "Not until grandfather and father arrives, you're not allow to leave Fa Mansion"

I was surprised.

"Y_ young master, please" The servant begged.

"I said no" Min voice was firm.

"Please, this servant cannot go back to the mansion without the young miss... Master Wang Feng will kill this lowly servant if he comes back alone"

"He won't kill you" Min said, surprisingly, cold. "Just hurt you is all"

The servant went to his knees.

"Min-ge" I went to help the older man up. "Why must you give this man trouble?"

"Mei-mei" Min sighed softly. "Min-ge knows you're worried about Wang Feng, but we saw him yesterday. He is well and alive. Now, we will have to wait until grandfather and father comes before we go to Wang Mansion"

"Min-ge_"

"Wei Lan, you are the young miss of the Fa Family" Min said sternly. "It's not proper that you continue to go to the Wang Mansion without cause. Min-ge will not have people here look down on you mei-mei. Even if you are willing, Min-ge will not let that happen to you"

I knew Min only want to protect me and my reputation. I couldn't argue because for a young woman, her virtue and reputation is her life.

"Wang Feng is still hurt" I said slowly. "And Wei Lan is engaged to Wang Feng... it's proper that Wei Lan visits him"

Min back was turned to me so I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"Min-ge"

His shoulders were shaking.

"Min-ge!"

He burst out laughing. I went to him and punched him the arm making him laugh more. I punched his arm again for good measure.

"Min-ge, you're horrible"

I blushed and turned away. Min put an arm around my shoulder playfully.

"If Min-ge is truly horrible, he would not have come here with mei-mei. Min-ge would not have grab a tiger's tail for mei-mei." Min set playfully place chin on top of my head. "Mei-mei, this terrible Min-ge now has a tiger at his heel. The tiger is going to bite this terrible Min-ge head off"

I sighed softly, knowing what Min was telling me. I knew what my cousin had done for me and was moved by his kindness.

"Wei Lan knows... Wei Lan thanks Min-ge, truly from the bottom of my heart"

Hearing this, he smiled and patted my head gently.

"Come, let's go see your tiger before he comes here and destroy the Fa Mansion"

While Min walked off laughing, I could only blush.