Chapter 9: Medicinal Tea

As soon as we arrived at Wang Mansion, tiger roar was heard. The tiger with murderous eyes had Min as the target. Even with his injuries, several servants had to hold him back.

"Fa Min! I'm going to kill you!"

Min shamelessly hid behind me with a playful grin on his face. Wang Feng plowed through the servants easily and approached Min with a deadly aura.

"Feng" I rushed to him and I held him away from Min. "Please don't hurt Min-ge. Min-ge is Wei Lan ge-ge"

With me hugging him tight, Feng immediately wrapped his arms around me. He kept tight hold of me while still glaring at Min. In Feng's arms, I didn't see my cousin's carefree and fearless expression as he regard the dangerous general.

"Feng" I lifted my head to look up at him. "Please don't be angry anymore. You're still healing from an injury"

I saw the shattered bowl on the floor and the spilled medicine.

"You're still refusing to take your medicine?"

I took his hand and lead him to a seat at the table. I hadn't realizing that people around were watching with amazement.

"Feng, would you like Wei Lan to make another pot of tea?" I asked him while he had me stand between his legs.

He held onto my waist and gave a smile. I took his smile as a yes. 

"Min-ge"

I turned and saw my cousin amused grin. Giving him a hard look, he rolled his eyes at me before he set the bag in his hand down onto the table. Feng still had an arm around my waist while I opened the bag. 

I took out my mother's tea pot and cups and several bags of tea and medicine. I hadn't noticed that Elder Wang, Li Xia and her mother were all smiling at the side. Elder Wang gave Li Xia a nod before the young woman took off. When Li Xia came back, she had several servants following after her, each carrying a bowl of water, wet towels, and a tray of hot charcoal.

"Ah" I blushed when I realized I hadn't greeted the elders.

My cheeks burned even more when I remembered boldly hugging Wang Feng just moments ago.

"W_ Wei Lan apologized. Wei Lan did not properly greet Elder and Mistress Wang"

I bowed low, trying to hide my flushed cheeks.

"It's all right Wei Lan" Elder Wang smiles were gentle. "Go on and made tea for Feng"

I hesitated for a moment before I begin the task.

"Wei Lan" Li Xia was standing beside me, looking closely at what I was putting in the tea pot. "These are medicine right?"

"Yes" I smiled at the observant Li Xia.

"Li Xia didn't know you can put medicine into tea"

"Wei Lan master once taught about medicinal tea." I closed the lid and watched the pot temperature carefully. "Medicine can be potent but if we add green mint, lotus roots, or ginger, the taste will be less intense"

I opened the lid right before the water boil and pour the liquid into the charcoal and cup before refilling the pot with fresh clean water.

"Since Feng hasn't gotten use to the medicine, Wei Lan will filter the tea several times before serving"

After filtering 2 more times, I poured the black liquid into the cup. When I set it in front of Feng, he drank it without complaint. Li Xia was surprised at her brother calm expression. Curious by the tea, she lifted one of the small cups and smell it.

"Honey?" Li Xia was surprised to smell a sweet scent.

"Would Li Xia like a taste?" I knew she was curious with it's taste. "One cup is will not harm you"

So Li Xia tried it.

"It tastes good. Honey and ginger" She smiled with amazement.

"Um, ginger is good for the blood. Honey helps lighten the taste of the medicine"

Elder Wang and Mistress Wang soon came over. Li Xia handed her cup for them to try.

"It tastes like ginger tea" Elder Wang laughs softly. "It doesn't taste like medicine at all"

"It will get stronger over several days" Min sudden comment made everyone curious.

They turned to look at the young man, leaning at the doorway with a handsome playful smile on his face.

"Mei-mei medicinal tea is like that. Mei-mei will filter the medicine to make it less potent. Once you get use to the taste, she will filter the medicine less and less. In the end, the person drinking her medicinal tea will still find it sweet even though it's not filtered"

"Min seems to be familiar with Wei Lan tea method" Li Xia smiled.

"There isn't a tea made by Wei Lan that this ge-ge have not tried" Min looked at Feng with a teasing smile. "Mei-mei had learned medicinal tea because her ge-ge get sick often when coming back from the sea. Mei-mei knows this ge-ge doesn't like the bitter taste of medicine"

"Then you better learn to make tea yourself from now on" Feng shot a look at Min. "Your mei-mei will not make you tea any longer"

Min laughs while I was startled. Feng took hold of my hand and held it to his lips.

"These hands are mine" He looked up at me. "Lan, beside Wang Feng, you're not allow to make tea for anyone else"

Min laughed while I blushed at Feng sudden possessiveness.

"You're being unreasonable Feng-ge" Li Xia rolled her eyes.

Feng ignored everyone and kept his eyes on me.

"Lan" Feng tightened his hold around my waist - his eyes full of possessiveness. "Am I unreasonable?"

I swallowed softly. He was too intense – too beautiful. All I could do is shook my head no. When he smiles, it was like looking at the devil himself smiling - a very beautiful devil.

"Mei-mei, you're being seduce so easily, Min-ge is disappointed"

I turned red when everyone laughed. Covering my red face, I could hear Feng chuckled while he pressed a kiss on the side of my head. Everyone was both surprised and amazed. The young general was known for his hot temper, cold personality, cruel methods, and deadly skills. And yet, in front of the petite woman half his weight and shorter than him by one full head, he held her preciously.

"Feng" I was flustered by the public display.

"Grandmother" Feng ignored my attempts to step out of his arms while he spoke to his grandmother. "Have you started the wedding preparation?"

"F_ Feng" I shuttered out my surprise.

"Impatient child" His grandmother laughed softly. "I already sent her majesty our marriage request. The invitations will be sent as soon as Master Fa arrives to the capital. We need his seal"

"Fa Min" Feng glared at my cousin. "When will your grandfather arrive?"

"He left Jing a few days after us" Min smirked. "It won't be until next week before grandfather arrives to the capital"

Feng eyes furrowed.

"Feng" Mistress Wang noticed her son edgy emotions and warned him gently before smiling at me. "Wei Lan, you and Min came early this morning. Did you have a proper meal?"

"You haven't eaten?" Feng spoke before I had a chance to answer his mother.

Feeling shy under everyone gaze, I quietly nod. When Feng ordered servants to quickly prepare meals, everyone laughed. Although I felt embarrassed, there was happiness to it as well. Having Wang Feng's affections, I am willing to be laughed at.