Chapter 64: The Truth

Wang Feng left later that afternoon to the palace court. Before he went, he told me to stay within Ping and rest. Because I was physically and mentally drained, I didn't argue.

"Jie-jie"

I was on the floating deck, enjoying the view ofthe surrounding garden when Li Xia came to visit. Behind her were several maids carrying food and medicine.

"You don't need to stop the general's own sister"

When though I was safe within Wang Mansion, Feng gave strict orders to the guards that no disturbance were allowed in Ping. The guards, of course, took their general words literally. Fortunately, the guards had listened to me and stepped aside for Li and her maids.

"Li Xia is glad to see jie-jie well"

Li Xia sat beside me while the maids begin to set a bowl of porridge with a few light vegetarian dishes. I smiled knowing Li Xia's care.

"Thank you Li Xia"

We sat in silence while I ate.

"Wei Lan jie-jie... Did Feng-ge tell you what happened last night?"

I could see Li Xia concern and hesitation.

"Is this about Chen Hua Lan?"

Li Xia stiffened expression answered my question.

"Feng did not kill her"

I knew Wang Feng would not Chen Hua Lan because I had begged him for it.

"Feng-ge should have killed her" Li Xia said softly. "It would have been merciful if she was killed"

I was surprised and confused by Li Xia's statement.

"Li Xia, what happened?"

Li Xia frowned, not sure if she should tell me.

"Promise Li Xia that jie-jie would not feel differently about ge-ge"

Startled again, I looked at her. Suddenly, a sinking feeling told me Feng had done something horrible to Chen Hua Lan.

"Jie-jie, please don't think badly of ge-ge" Li Xia quickly added. "Because Feng-ge loves jie-jie and could not tolerate what had happened to you"

Unable to eat anymore, I set the bowl down.

"Jie-jie..."

"Tell me what had happened..."

It was no secret that Wang Feng killed six men – cutting off their hands before he ended their lives. He had his soldiers burned the corpse and dump the ash in animal fertilizer. To be killed and have their body completely destroyed, people could only assumed it was because they have offended the cold blooded general in the worst way.

The truth was - those men were foolish victim, tricked and bribed by Chen Hua Lan into defiling a woman they did not know was Wang Fei. But that didn't matter, Wang Feng didn't care whether they were tricked or bribed. He had only cared that they had thoughts to rape his Wang Fei while she was drugged. Even though they were not successful, the fact that they would have raped Wei Lan if she had not jumped out the window was enough for Wang Feng to kill them.

As for Chen Family, that same night six of their finest guards were executed. Rumors spread that those guards have offended Wang Fei; therefore, in order to appease the general, Prime Minister Chen had the guards executed.

The truth was - the young miss of the Chen Family had drink aphrodisiac wine that caused her body to burn with heat. The only way to stop the burning heat and pain was through intercourse. Chen Hua Lan went through six strong men for the heat inside her to subside. The Chen Family could not handle the disgrace and shame.The secret had to be kept. The six guards were simply sacrificed in order to keep that secret.

After that night, Prime Minister Chen retired his position. In the royal court, before the emperor, the prime minister requested to return to Ming Province where he wished to spend the rest of his days with his family. His desolated expression had confused many of the officials. On the other hand, the Emperor was amused. Sitting on high on the throne, the emperor had long noticed the smirk on the young general's face. He understood Prime Minister Chen's sudden retirement involved General Wang Feng. But it didn't matter to him. He only has use for strong people. Anyone fell weak is no use for him. That same day, after the emperor allowed the prime minister retirement, the Chen Family left the capital.

Chen Hua Lan ever appeared in front of Wang Feng again. After the long night in bed, Chen Hua Lan woke up in complete anguish. Her first thought was of Wang Feng. What he must think knowing she had slept with other men – men beneath her station? The pure white she always wore was ripped and stained with blood and fluid. Her pure white body was covered with red markings and scent that does not belong to her. The stain and scent cannot be removed or washed away no matter how hard she tried. With a tainted body, Chen Hua Lan realized she can no longer be with Wang Feng.

The despair caused her to lose her mind. Chen Hua Lan was once one of the top beauties of the country – Beauty of the West. Her looks and talents drove men crazy. But it all became meaningless when she could not obtain the one man she wanted. Now, losing her dignity, virtue, and purity, Chen Hua Lan mind shattered. Wanting Wang Feng so desperately, she now sees every man as Feng. Hating Fa Wei Lan but at the same time, wanting to be her – wanting to be the woman Wang Feng loves, so she see herself as Wei Lan.

After hearing all that had happened, my hand trembled. Li Xia held onto my hand tight, comforting me without words. I closed my eyes and tried hard to take in the situation. Because of me, so many things have happened – so many fates have changed. No matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise, I will always hold guilt toward Chen Hua Lan. Because of me, she lost her chance with the man she had meant to be with. Because of me, she lost herself in hatred and end up losing her virtue and her mind.

"Jie-jie"

"I'm ok..."

"Jie-jie..." Li Xia was still worried. "Li Xia shouldn't have say anything_"

"No, it's not good if I'm always in the dark... If Wei Lan is always unaware, Feng will be hurt if I unintentionally say something I shouldn't"

Li Xia nodded quietly.

"Thank you Li Xia"

Li Xia had decided to tell me everything because she didn't want me in disadvantage position in the future. I was grateful for that because I don't want to ever hurt Wang Feng because of my ignorance. The greatest mistake is to unintentionally hurt someone you love – even if your intention was for good.

"Jie-jie, Li Xia knows the truth will hurt jie-jie now, but Li Xia hopes jie-jie can understand Feng-ge heart"

"Wei Lan knows..." I gripped onto her hand. "Wang Feng's heart, Wei Lan understands... what happened to Chen Hua Lan and the prime minister, Wei Lan will not speak of it"

"Wei Lan jie-jie is right. Let's not speak of this anymore"

When she set the plate of moon in front of me, I ate them quietly.