Chapter 55: A Full Heart

"Wei Lan hopes she did not say anything wrong today..."

After the meal, everyone went their ways. Feng and I was walking behind father and grandmother when I voiced my concern.

"You spoke just fine Wei Lan" Grandmother laughed softly.

I was relieved to see father smile and nod as well. I had worried that I've upset them - or worst, embarrassed them in front of the emperor and empress.

Once we reached the palace gates, I saw Feng's horse, Mui, stood waiting with no one holding her reins. At the sound of Feng's whistle, Mui strode toward us.

"Grandmother, father, I'm taking Wei Lan out. No need to prepare meals for us tonight"

Grandmother and father gave their approval with a smile. Feng easily lifted me up onto Mui's back before he jumped behind me. With an arm securely around my waist, Feng pulled on the horse rein and clicked his tongue, motioning Mui to go. With Mui's speed, I couldn't stop the laughter that bubbled out of me. Smiling, I set my head back against his chest and enjoyed his protective hold.

Feng took me to the green valley just right outside the capital. The wind and air carried our laughter throughout the valley. When Feng had Mui took us faster through the opened field, I spread my arms like wings and feel the wind blowing against my face. Even though Mui's speed continues to increase, I was not afraid. Feng's tight hold assured me that he would never let me fall.

"Is Lan happy?"

Once we reached the end of the valley, Feng slowed Mui's pace so that we could enjoy the scenic view of the distance mountains.

"Yes..." I leaned back against his strong chest.

I could feel his smiles against the top of my head.

"Feng... Wei Lan heart is so full"

He laughs softly and pressed a kiss on my head.

"I will make sure Lan's heart is always full"

Wang Feng doesn't know his words made me love him even more.