Chapter 3: Feels Right

Returning back to my regular schedule of work and classes after having such a great weekend was tough. I took my attention away from the Economics lecture and looked down at my phone. It had just lit up with a text message from Kevin:

"Hey. Whatchu doing tonight? I want to hang out with you."

I slid my phone off the desk and discreetly texted him back:

"How about we go roller skating tonight? You down?"

K: "I don't know. Do you think you can keep up?"

A: "Uh. Is that a challenge Kevin? Cause if it is, I'm down."

K: "Alright let's do it."
....

Later that night Kevin and I headed to the skating rink. Kevin whizzed past me while I tied up the shoe strings on my left skate. I stood up. "Oh so you thought that was cute," I asked him as I sped up and glided towards him. "Try to keep up," I said nodding my head towards the rink. I winked and skated away backwards.

Eventually he caught up to me and we started skating together. We danced and came up with routines the entire time we were skating. A couple of folks wanted to battle us, but we were too much for them. They had to take an L. After two hours of skating we agreed that it was time to go. Just before we skated off the rink, Kevin spun me around and placed his arm over my shoulder, leaving me to hold onto his wrist.

As we stepped out of the rink I looked at his arm wrapped around my neck. "Wow. Very smooth Kevin," I said sarcastically.

He looked at his arm on me and shrugged saying, "I thought so," before letting a grin tease the corners of his lips. I playfully jabbed him in the side.

Once we returned our skates and headed for the door, Kevin suggested that we head back to his apartment and order take out. I leaned against the wall and scanned him over.

"You're inviting me to your apartment?"

"Yes. I don't have any false pretenses. I just want to continue our conversation from the other night without any outside distractions." When he saw that I was still thinking it over her said, "Listen, you're free to leave whenever. I'll take you back to campus later or wherever you wanna go. I promise."

"Alright. I'm in," I grinned as I wrapped my right arm around his waist. Kevin threw his arm around my shoulder. "Well let's go then," he said eagerly pulling me out the door.
....

After we entered Kevin's apartment he went over to a drawer in the kitchen and pulled out countless takeout menus. I took my shoes off at the door.

"Here. Take your pick," he said as he spread them out on the table. He headed back into his room. I walked over to the kitchen and rummaged through the menus. "Damn Kev. Cook much," I nearly mumbled, never looking up from the menus spread out before me. Kevin came into the kitchen in sweatpants and a t-shirt. He towered over me; his cologne lingering in the air. "What did you say," he asked leaning over my shoulder and picking up a Japanese menu, then a Thai one.

"I was asking if you cook, because you have so many takeout menus," I reiterated as I turned around to face him. I leaned back on the counter and looked up at him.

"I love to cook, but takeout is just easier, because I'm always on the run. Do you cook," he asked with a raised brow.

"When I'm home; all the time."

"Oh yeah? What you cook," he asked folding his arms and turning up his mouth at me.

"Everything."

"Okay. Well uh. Since you cook 'everything' maybe one night you can cook for me."

"Hmm. I don't know Mr. Davis. I was thinking maybe you could show me a thing or two," I said with a grin. I turned back around and pushed all the menus together and straightened them out. When I turned back around to put them away Kevin was standing behind me. I took a step back in surprise.