Chapter 54: 6211 Lighthouse Drive

The next day I showed up at Oliver's place.

"Alyssa hey! What are you doing here?" He asked greeting me at the door. I walked past Oliver and walked into the living room."

He shut the door and turned around. "Uh hello to you too." He walked over to me. "Ya know, you have one hell of a greeting."

I looked around and saw the room neatly decorated. "Is this a bad time? What is all of this?"

"My family is coming over for a get together."

"All of them?"

Oliver smiled at me. "Yes. All of them."

"Great," I said sarcastically. "I'll come back another time." I stood up from the couch. Oliver grabbed ahold of my hand. "Wait. Wait. Wait. What's wrong?"

"It doesn't matter," I said turning around again. "I don't even know why I came."

"Hey," he said stroking the sides of my arms. "It does matter. Stay."

I huffed. "I thought you didn't want your family seeing us together, which I agree with by the way."

"Well yeah, but how about I make an exception. It looks like you could use a break."

I thought about it for a moment.

Oliver continued to rub my arms. "Big mama gon' be here and she's bringing her bread pudding," Oliver said trying to entice me. "And my sisters are coming. I know how much you loved them. Y'all was tight back in the day."

I threw my head back. "Ollie don't do this to me." Oliver slid his hands around my waist and pulled me in. He kissed my neck.

"Stop trying to tempt me."

"Mm. Is it working," he asked as he kissed me again.

I looked up at Oliver and bit my bottom lip. "So you staying or what," he grinned. I playfully rolled my eyes. "Fine, but only for like an hour and for the record we are not back together. If anyone asks, we are just friends who recently reconnected. That's it."

"So don't bring up the sex," he teased. I elbowed him. "You play too much." Oliver laughed and then followed with, "Oh and by the way Amber is coming."

I moved away from him and sucked my teeth. "And you couldn't have led with that?"

Oliver chuckled. "I said my family was coming. She's included in that."

"If she was, you wouldn't have felt the need to single her out and warn me that she's coming. What's the deal with her? For her to be your cousin she is way too clingy."

"Well. She's my adopted cousin."

I took a step back from him. "Oooh. Well that explains why she has a crush on you.

"It's not even like that."

I rolled my eyes. "How old was she when she got adopted?" I asked with my hands on my hips.

"What?" Oliver asked.

I stepped into his space and talked slowly. "How old was she---when she got adopted?"

"Sixteen."

"Sixteen," I repeated. "Six-fucking- teen! Wow. Oliver how do you not see it? She likes you and it's weird. It's weird as fuck!"

"Okay. Okay. Calm down," he said holding onto my wrist. He smiled down at me.

Don't be grinning at me," I said playfully. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but you need to watch her."