Chapter 63: Terms & Conditions

The next morning I woke up, slowly picking my head up from Kevin's chest. I forgot he snuck into my bed last night. I leaned on my elbow and, for a moment, watched him sleep peacefully. I couldn't resist the urge to softly stroke his locs like I used to do. After a few stolen moments Kevin began to stir. He stretched his arms above his head before turning to face me. Without a word he leaned in and kissed me passionately. He took me by surprise. I could barely catch my breath. "Good morning," he said feverishly in between kisses, "what happened to you last night?" He softly kissed my neck. "I came inside only to find you knocked out with a book in your hand."

"I'm sorry. I was so tired last night. I could barely keep my eyes open."

"It's okay. You can make it up to me later, by allowing me to take you out to dinner." Kevin grinned and gave me one last peck on the lips. He slid down the bed and placed his body in between my legs. "What do you say," he asked as he planted kisses all over my belly. I reached my hands out to him and stroked his hair. He looked up at me. "Come here," I said motioning to him. Kevin slid up from in between my legs and kissed my clavicle, then my neck, followed by my shoulder, and lastly my lips. "You've made up your mind haven't you," he said in between kisses. I pecked his lips. "Yes."

Kevin pulled away. "I'm ready. What's our fate?"

I sat up and tucked one leg under me. "I want to be with you---"

"But " Kevin said sitting up.

I moved closer to him and grabbed his hand. "But, we've had one crazy ass year and I think it's best, that if we're gonna work, we start off as friends first and go from there."

"And what about our kid; how would that work?" He questioned, fiddling with my hand.

"Well, we coparent for now."

"And this is what you want?" Kevin asked.

"Yes."

Kevin interlocked his fingers with mine and closed the gap between us. "Why are you doing this?" He asked.

"Because I want you to be sure about me. Plus, I messed up more times than I want to remember. I think we could use a do over. Start fresh, ya know."

Kevin thought about it for a minute. "Okay. You have one year to prove yourself to me."

I frowned. "What? No. That's not what I meant."

Kevin grinned at me. "That's what I heard," he shrugged.

"Are you serious?"

He chuckled. "Yes, and these are the terms and conditions," he continued.

I groaned and put my head in my hands. "Oh my God. Leave it to you to do the most," I said sitting on my knees.

"Term number one. You are not allowed to date anyone during this time, that also includes no fucking." He paused for a moment. "And since we're 'just friends' I'm off limits."

I looked at him and waited for him to continue. "Okay. What's next?"

"That's it. That's the terms," he grinned.

I laughed and playfully hit his chest. "Of course I won't mess with anyone else." He raised his eyebrow at me jocularly. "Okay. You have a point, but also I'm pregnant, so."

"Touché," he grinned. "So do we have a deal?"

"Yes. We have a deal," I smiled. I held out my hand for him to shake. He grinned and placed his hand in mine. In one swift motion he pulled me forward and back down into the bed with him. "We better, cuz I know I'm worth it."

...
Kevin & Alyssa will return in book 2 of "Worth It" called "Prove Your Love." Stay tuned & thanks for rocking with me this far! I truly appreciate y'all. You guys rock! 😘

-Lex 💕