Chapter 56: The Blow Up

...
The night had ended and Oliver and I were alone. He plopped down beside me on the couch and looked over at me. I looked over at him. "What," I grinned.

"You were amazing tonight. It was like no time passed between us at all."

I placed my hand over his. "We just have really good chemistry. It's always been that way with us."

"So why did we break up?" He looked at me. "Why did you break up with me?"

I put my head down. Oliver hooked his finger under my chin and picked my head up. "The truth," he responded.

"The truth isn't pretty Lee."

"I know."

"You won't like it."

"I can handle it."

I slowly nodded my head and took a deep breath. "Well," I started, "I found out I was pregnant and I---" Oliver put his head down. "---got an abortion," I finished. "I knew I could never admit it to you, so I---"

"Ended the engagement," he finished. "Damn it Alyssa," he said standing up abruptly. "Oliver I'm sorry. I didn't know how to tell you then."

"You should have figured out how! I had a right to know! That was my child!"

"I know and I have had to live with that decision every day." My eyes began to well up.

"Why'd you do it?"

"I wasn't ready to be a mom and it made me think that maybe I wasnt ready to be a wife either."

"You could have come and talked to me! We could have made this decision together!" He yelled. "This is bullshit. I can't even look at you right now," he said walking away from me. "You can stay the night cause it's late, but in the morning I want you gone."

"Nah. It's okay. I'll leave," I said standing up. I grabbed my belongings and headed for the door. "Goodnight," I said before leaving out.
..

When I got home later that night Kevin was in the living room with all of his friends. "Hey," I said as I walked through the door. Kevin looked up at me. "Look who finally decided to come home." I just rolled my eyes and kept walking back towards the bedroom. "What's wrong with you? You and your boyfriend got into a fight?"

"Oh my God," I said turning around. "He's not my boyfriend. Chill out with that shit."

"Then what is he?"

I turned away from Kevin and his friends and continued to walk away. "Oh you ain't got nothing to say," he said from behind me. "Oliver's dick got your tongue," he yelled out. I flicked up my middle finger. "Fuck you," I said over my shoulder. "I'm going to bed." Kevin stood up. "No you not. I don't want your cheatin' ass in my bed." I waved him off and went into the bedroom. I took off my shoes and pulled my shirt over my head. Kevin came in and shut the door behind him. He walked over to me. I went the other way. He stepped in front of me. "Kevin move! I'm not in the mood for your shit." He moved in closer to me. I pushed him away. "Move Kevin. Damn!"

"You don't mean that," he said pushing me up against the dresser. He slipped his hand inside of my pants. "Kevin what are you doing?" He leaned in to kiss me, but I backed away. "No," I said pushing him away. He tried to push me back. "Kevin stop!" He tried to wrestle me against the wall and somewhere in between that heated moment I broke. "Ron stop," I yelled. He stopped and let me go abruptly. Darius, Evan, and Adrian ran into the room to see what all the commotion was about and there I was sobbing uncontrollably on the floor.

"Kevin what the fuck happened?" Darius asked. Kevin could barely speak. There were tears standing in his eyes. "I---I don't---" he shook his head and turned around. Adrian walked over to me. "Alyssa are you okay? Do you need anything?"

I shook my head, never acknowledging what question I was answering. I somehow managed to pick myself up off of the floor. "I'm gonna go," I said just barely above a whisper.

"Alyssa I'm so sorry---" Kevin started.

I ignored Kevin, grabbed my things, and made my way out of the bedroom. Evan tried to catch up to me. "Alyssa. Wait. Where are you going?"

With my hand now on the doorknob, I turned to look at him. "I don't know." His eyes flooded with concern. "Do me a favor when you get to wherever you're going?" I shook my head. "Let me know that you're safe," he continued. I walked out of the door. "Okay," I said over my shoulder.
...