Chapter 29: Our Next Move

...
"What," Keyona exclaimed standing up. "That doesn't make any sense how could he not be your father! I mean we can all agree that you are the only one who's just like him! She bluffing yo! That can't be right!"

Everyone was shocked. "Well save your outrage for what I'm about to say next, because there's more," I replied. Keyona plopped back down in her seat. Everyone waited quietly for what I was going to reveal next. "Mommy," I started, "is pregnant and the baby isn't daddy's. He has no idea about any of this and she's the one who wants the divorce. Not him."

Everyone gasped. "What," Terrance said. He stood up. He balled his hands into a fist. He wanted to punch something. "I'm so pissed man! Are you serious?"

I nodded my head yes and continued. "She was talking to me about how she only married daddy, because she got pregnant." Everyone looked at Faye. "She miscarried in the first two months of their marriage so, no Faye wasn't the saving grace. She had him a year later." Everyone looked back at me in shock. "She said after Faye we just kept coming so it was too late to leave him, but according to her she did love him, so there's that too."

"Yo this is some bullsh---get her on the phone now! I want to talk to her," Tyreek said. "Ty," I said calling out to him. "Ty calm down."

"Nah Lys. I'm pissed off right now! Everything has been a lie man and I'm hurt!" Mya went over to him and hugged him. He cried.

"I can't believe this," Faye said speaking up. "How could she do this to us?"

I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head. "She was a whole nother person when she was in that room talking to me y'all. None of what came out today was supposed to ever come out, but I started asking the right questions and soon she became very angry and just started telling everything. I don't think she could stop," I said matter-of-factly. "She just spewed negativity left and right. She kept telling me to leave Kevin; that he wasn't worth it. And then she went into that whole rant about her and dad." I started getting misty. "She said that I would end up like her; an unmarried, pregnant, twenty-something and now," I sat down in between Terrance and Keyona, "I'm pregnant," I nearly whispered. I sat in a bit of a daze. Everyone was in shock.

"What," My brothers said in unison. "Lys. You shouldn't feel ashamed about that. You're engaged to be married. Your situation is not the same as mom's. You're not marrying Kevin out of necessity, but out of love and that's the difference." I wiped my face and smiled. "Thank you."

"And it's about time someone else had kids, because Faye has had that position sewed up for years. Didn't you Faye," Keyona said jokingly. "When is Keisha due again?" Faye grinned. "Shut up Key."

Mya ran over to me and squeezed in between Terrance and I. "And I can't wait to have another niece or nephew," she said hugging me tightly from the side.

I looked at her and grinned. "Thanks Ya-ya."

"Yeah man. Don't feed into ma's foolishness," Faye said. "And congratulations on the baby. If there's anything you need let me know," he said sincerely.

"Thanks Faye. I appreciate that."

"So. How far along are you," Terrance asked.

"Three weeks."

"Oh Thank God. I thought you were gonna say something outrageous like three days," he teased. I threw a pillow at him. "Shut up T!"

"That's a good one T," Tyreek cackled.

"Ya know they can find out as early as four days though," I laughed.

Keyona stuck her neck out. "What? Why is that funny?"