Chapter 9: Being Present

...
The next morning Janelle burst into my room. I rolled over and looked at her with one eye open. "Janelle---" I paused. I rolled back over to check the time on my phone. "Janelle it's seven forty-five a.m. What are you doing here?" I groaned.

She walked over to my side of the bed. "Your alarm bout to go off anyway." I huffed. "Yeah and that's what I want to wake me up. Not you." She plopped down on the bed beside me. "Scoot over. I got something to tell you." Just then Kevin walked back into the room. "What's up Janelle," he said as he made his way back into the bed. "What's up Kev," Janelle said and then she returned her attention back to me. I had my arms wrapped around my pillow trying to go back to sleep. Janelle tapped my leg several times. "Alyssa. Get up."

"No," I groaned, "It's not time yet." Kevin chuckled beside me. "You know she is the furthest thing from a morning person."

"And it's so irritating," Janelle replied. "You're irritating," I mumbled against my pillow.

"Lyyys," she whined as she shook me, "get up!"

Before I could say anything my eight o'clock alarm went off. I quickly turned it off and laid in bed trying to savor the moment. After a few seconds passed I sat up and frustratingly fumbled with my covers. "I'm up," I said sarcastically to Janelle as I got out of bed.

I exited out of my room and went to the bathroom. Janelle followed behind me. I couldn't even use the toilet in peace. "Janelle," I chuckled, "right now you are like that one child who love to be up under their mama all the time."

She laughed. "That's because this is important."

When I finished using the toilet I washed my hands and began my morning routine. "So what's up J?" She shut the bathroom door and sat on the lid of the toilet seat.

"Is it about Adrian," I perked up.

Janelle grinned. "No. That's another story."

"Mmhm," I said looking over at her. "J are you blushing? My. Someone had a good night." Janelle couldn't stop smiling. "Stop. It's not about him right now," she laughed.

"Okay. Okay. So what's the tea?"

Janelle smacked her lips. "Well. When I was out with Adrian last night I ran into Ron." I stopped what I was doing and turned around to completely face her.

"Ron, Ron?"

"Yeah."

"He was just over here last night."

Janelle stuck out her neck. "I'm sorry. What? Here. As in your suite?"

"Yep," I said nodding my head.

"Funny. Cuz he didn't mention that last night. Why was he here?"

"He said CeCe invited him," I said as I resumed putting on my face scrub. "Wayment. CeCe is here!" I nodded my head yes. "Boy. A lot goes on when I'm not around," Janelle joked. "When I got back in last night she was having a little get together," I said as I turned on the shower.

"Whaaat! I'm gonna have to holla at her before I leave," she said. "But anyway when Ron and I bumped into each other last night I was trynna be polite. You know me. So I asked him how he was and everything and he told me that he is engaged." I stepped into the shower. "No he didn't! J are you serious?"

"Girl yes! Engaged! I was taken aback, because I remembered what you told me transpired between you and him a few weeks ago."

"J and not only that," I interjected, "but just last night he asked me if we could talk about what happened a few weeks ago."