Chapter 58: An Unforgettable Night

"So explain to me again why we can't be seen at the party together," Oliver asked me over the phone.

"I already told you. It's not that we can't be seen together it's just that we can't lead on that we're seeing each other. It's the only way to keep everybody out of our business. The less they know the better. Trust me. Now please tell me you're on your way."

"Yeah. I'm in the car now."

"Good," I said as I parked my car. "How far are you away?"

"Ten minutes. Are you there already?"

"Yeah. I just parked. I'm bout to head in in a few. I'm just getting myself together," I said as I checked my hair and makeup. As I adjusted my rearview mirror for better lighting I spotted Kevin, Darius, and Josh walking past my car. I was stuck.

"Alyssa did you hear me? Alyssa?"

I snapped out of my daze. "Huh?"

"I said 'I can't wait to see you.'"

"Aw. I can't wait to see you too baby."

"I'll be there shortly, okay?"

"Alright. Come find me when you get here. I'll be the sexy lady at the bar," I teased. Oliver laughed. "Alright. See you in a few."

"See ya," I said hanging up the phone. I grabbed my things and got out of the car. As I headed towards the building I started to feel nauseous. I took a minute and leaned against the brick wall. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths.

"Excuse me miss. Are you okay?"

I opened my eyes and saw a beautiful, brown skin, six foot-something man standing in front of me. "Yeah. I'm fine," I said admiring him. "Are you sure," he asked. I cleared my throat and quickly snapped out of my daze. "Um. Yep! I'm fine, so I'm gonna go," I said slowly. I smiled politely and walked away.

"Okay. Later," he said watching me leave.

As soon as I walked into the building I saw Janelle and Adrian hanging around the front lobby. I walked over to them. "Hey guys!" Janelle opened her arms up to me. "Heeey girl," she said squeezing me tight. "You look good!" I smiled at her. "Thank you! So do you, J!" She grabbed my hand. "Come with me to the bathroom real quick. I need your help with something," Janelle said. She hooked her arm in mine and pulled me away before I could even say okay.

"J what's going on," I asked her as we walked into the ladies lounge. "Okay," she said letting me go."I'm only saying this, because I love you, so don't take it personal."

"Okay. What is it?"

"You fucked up big time with Kev."

I sighed. "I know."

"And the guys are upset with you, so if I were you I would just, ya know, stay out of their way."

"Fuck," I said holding my hand up to my face. "I didn't think about how that would mess up the dynamic of our friendship."

Janelle nodded her head. "Clearly bitch."

I looked at her. "Well damn."

"What," she said holding up her hands. "I'm mad at your ass too. You messed up the friendship circle. You still my girl and everything, but damn sis really?" She sighed.

"I'm sorry."

"Did you tell Kevin that," Janelle asked with a raised brow.

"No."

"Well, you need to. He may act like he's fine, but he's hurting Lys. You gotta make this right," she said grabbing my hand. "I know. And I will."

I believe you," she said squeezing my hand. "Now let's go. I'm ready to get drunk! Your mama's parties be serving the best drinks," she said gleefully as she pulled me out of the lounge.