Chapter 51: Detour

...
Kevin left and headed to his car. I did the same and headed towards the parking garage.

The closer I got to my car I could see a tall figure sitting on the trunk of it. I squinted my eyes to see if I could identify the person. "Who is that," I mumbled to myself. I rolled my eyes when their face came into view. "Ugh. It's Oliver. Of course it is," I mumbled underneath my breath. "What the hell are you doing here Lee?"

He grinned at me. "I came to ask you for a ride?"

"No. Where's your car?

"I told Amber she could borrow it for the night and that I would take a lyft home." He flashed that infectious smile of his.

My mouth crept into a grin. "I ain't no damn lyft negro!" I said, playfully jabbing him in his stomach.

He flinched trying to protect himself from me and we laughed. "I know girl," he said grabbing ahold of my arms and pulling me in. "Just help a brotha out." I playfully rolled my eyes. "Get in." Oliver hopped off the back of my car and hugged me from behind. "Thanks Lyssaaa," he said holding me tight. I grinned. "Okay. Okay. That's enough," I said pulling him off of me.

I unlocked my car and got in. Oliver slid in the passenger seat. I put my seatbelt on and put the keys in the ignition. "So. Where am I taking you," I asked as I pulled out of the parking lot. "6211 Lighthouse Drive." Oliver looked at me. "You know it?" I shook my head. "MmMm. It doesn't sound familiar. Put it in my GPS," I said handing him my phone.

I exited the parking garage and got on to the main road. "You got games in your phone?" He joked. Me and him looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"When was this," he asked showing me a picture of myself at a museum.

I looked at it briefly. "Um. That was  back in September. Janelle's boyfriend had an art show debut that night."

Oliver continued to scroll through my phone. "Where the freaky pictures at," he teased, "like the ones you used to send me."

"Boy get out of my phone," I said reaching out to grab it from him. "Uh uh. Eyes on the road," he said snatching his hands away from me. "Lee stop it," I whined. "I know you got some crazy pictures in your phone."

"That's none of your damn business, nosey. Why do you even care?"

"Because I miss it," he smiled. He continued to scroll through my pictures. "Uh oh. I think I found a private folder."

"Ollie you betta not," I said looking over at him. He grinned. "Stop playing with me." He chuckled. "Lee listen. If you click that folder you gon' have to square the fuck up. You hear me!"

"Too late," he teased. "It's happening."

"What! How the hell did you figure out the password?"

"You forget how much I know you," he winked.

"I hate you," I groaned. Oliver laughed. "You could neva hate me."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Whatever."

"Alyssa you nasty," he joked.

I sucked my teeth. "Oh come on. My pictures ain't een poppin like that."

"Like hell it ain't," he grinned.

I put my head on the steering wheel when we got to a stop light. Oliver leaned over to me and showed me a picture of myself. "How drunk were you to have taken this," he teased. I sat up and snatched my phone back from him. "That's enough," I said placing my phone in between my legs. "Your phone privileges have been revoked." Oliver raised his eyebrow at me. "Now you know I never had a problem putting my hands in between your legs before. Today wouldn't be any different." I looked at him with wide eyes. "Lee that was so out of pocket," I started.