Chapter 59: The Truth About Us

...
I sat on the lid of the toilet seat and watched Janelle pace back and forth. "When did y'all even find time to fuck? You were always between Lee, work, or school and Kevin---well he was just never around."

"It happened after he moved out."

"But you were fucking Lee too. That's not good Lys."

"He knew that. It wasn't a secret."

"Yeah Lys, but still---"

"Look. If I wanted to hear a lecture I'd just go to my mom's."

"Well did you at least use protection?"

"Oh my gosh, yes," I sighed.

"Everytime?"

"Yes," I reiterated.

"You did not use no damn protection every time," Janelle argued.

"Oh so you in my pussy now? I used protection with Lee every single time we had sex."

"And with Kevin too?"

"Oh my gosh. Yes," I huffed.

"So how are you pregnant?"

"Condoms aren't one hundred percent effective. You know that. God what are you? A virgin," I teased.

Janelle playfully shoved me. "I'm just trynna make sense of this."

"Well---"

Janelle stopped pacing and stood in front of me. "'Well' what?"

"While we were," I hesitated, "climaxing the condom broke."

Janelle pretended to fall out before sitting down on the edge of the tub visibly confounded. "Okay," she said holding her head, "I have so many questions swirling around in my head right now. Details please."

"Okay. So, Kevin came over here about a month after he gave me my key back. He knocked on my door at like two in the morning, drunk as fuck, talkin bout 'I think I left my watch here do you mind if I come in and get it?' So I'm like 'look it's after two in the morning. Just come back later in the day.' He goes 'What for? I'm already here. Just let me in. I'll be quick.' I didn't feel like gettin into it with him so I let him in. Kevin immediately heads back to the bedroom and starts looking for it. I wanted to go back to sleep, so I started helping him look for it. I found it in the drawer of my nightstand where he used to keep it. So I pull it out and I'm like, 'Here Kev. I found it.' He walks over to me and instead of him grabbing the watch he grabs me by my waist and pulls me in. I'm like 'Kev whatchu doing. You're drunk. You don't really know whatchu doing. You know, it's just not a good idea.' He's ignoring everything I'm saying and blurts out 'I miss you.' Before I could even respond he kissed me. J, I was caught off guard like a mothafucker, but then he kissed me again and I just---I gave in and it was," I exhaled, "amazing."

"Wow," Janelle whispered. "And Oliver? He never suspected?"

I shook my head. "Nah. At least I don't think so." I thought about it for a second. "Shit. Maybe. I don't know," I shrugged.

"So what are you gonna do?"

"I gotta tell Kevin."

"Tell me what," a voice said from the doorway. Janelle and I turned our heads quickly and was shocked to see Kevin standing there.

"Wow," I exhaled quickly. "Um. How long have you been standing there?" I asked.

Kevin shrugged his shoulders. "Long enough to hear you say that you had to tell me something."

I slowly nodded my head. "How'd you get in anyway?"

"The door was unlocked."

I looked over at Janelle and cocked my head to the side. "Really?"