Chapter 20: If It's Not One Thing...

***Another long chapter***

"Girl I don't know what has gotten into him lately, but he's been sleeping over here for almost a month straight," I whispered into the phone. "He's practically moved in." Janelle laughed. "If you don't like it you better talk to him. If you can't talk to him about this small matter, how can you talk to him about the real shit?"

"Baby," Kevin called out to me as he was nearing the room. "Oh girl. I gotta go. That's him now," I whispered into the phone. "Aight. Later girl," Janelle said before hanging up. Kevin came back into the room and slid under the covers beside me. "Who was that," he asked.

"Janelle."

"I figured," he said as he started kissing my neck and running his hand up and down the length of my body. "We have to go grocery shopping. We're getting low on food." I didn't want to ruin the moment and get into a tiff with Kevin, so I just responded with okay. Kevin's fingers grazed my back. I closed my eyes and relaxed.

"Babe, you know eventually we gon' have to get up," I said to him. He chuckled in my ear. "I am up," he said as his constrained blessing rubbed up against my ass. "Oh," I gasped opening up my eyes. His hand slid down my back and right in between my legs.

"What do you say we go at it one more time before I have to head out. After that I'll be out of your hair for the rest of the day," he said kissing my shoulders. I laughed. "Please. If you think you'll be out of my hair anytime today you clearly don't know your damn self," I joked.

He chuckled and spread my legs open with his hand; his fingers now slipping inside of me. He kissed my lips as I gasped. "You right," he replied.
...
"Hello?"

"Hi Alyssa. It's me Gia."

I perked up. "Oh. Hey Gia! What's up?"

"Nothing much, I just have a quick question to ask you."

"Okay. Shoot."

"So, me and a few friends of mine are going to Arcade 7 today. I know it's extremely last minute, but if you're free I wanted to know if you'd be interested in going. Janelle can come too."

"I'd love too. I'll ask J and see if she's down. Text me the information."

"Yay! Okay great. See ya soon."

"Later Gia."

I sat at the table and waited for Janelle to come back with our drinks. After another two minutes she arrived back to our table with Chi tea's. She sat mines down in front of me. I thanked her.

"So, J," I started, "Gia just called."

"Oh yeah? What she want," Janelle asked as she sat down.

"She invited me to go to Arcade 7 with her and some of her friends. She invited you too."

Janelle raised her eyebrow. "And what'd you tell her?"

"I told her yes and that I'd ask you if you wanted to come."

Janelle's eyebrows furrowed. "Mm."

"Come on J. This could be fun," I whined.

"I don't know Lys. This could get messy. She really trynna get at you."

"J. No she's not. She was just having fun. We were having fun. She don't want me forreal."

"Yes she does. How can you not see that? I mean you heard her at the concert talking 'bout the only girl she trynna steal is Kevin's."

"That was a joke!"

"Alyssa. Don't be naive."

"J I'm not." I sucked my teeth and huffed. "So, are you coming or not?"