Chapter 16: In the Blink of An Eye

After returning back to campus I headed straight to Ron's room. I banged on his door. "Ron! Open up!" I didn't get any response. I knocked two more times. Still nothing.

A guy across the hall opened his door in response to the noise. "What's with all the banging," he asked posting up on the door frame. I turned around. "Sorry. Have you seen Ron?" His face lit up as he begin to recognize who I was. "Oh shit. You that girl from the video," he laughed. "The dick must have been bomb if you down here banging down the door? What does Kevin have to say about this? He break up with you yet?"

"Unbelievable," I said slightly turning away. "The jokes never stop do they?That video is old. It happened almost two years ago. I didn't even know Kevin then."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," he said holding up his hands. "Aye listen. Whenever you done with Ron you wanna come over here and share the love? You working with a little suntin'," he said looking me over and grinning. "I could use a little bit of what you got. From the looks of it you know what you doing."

"Yeah no," I grimaced and then I walked away. I was so upset that that guy had the audacity to stand in my face and tell me those things. I was humilated once again. It's like every time I see someone new I keep reliving the shame all over again. It just keeps following me wherever I go.

I headed in the direction of Ronny's dorm. Lord only knows how this was gonna go. I didn't even know her room number. I had to ask a few girls before someone was willing to tell me anything. Girls who didn't even know me were giving me the side eye. "Excuse me," someone said to the right of me. I turned around to greet them. "Yes?" The girl smiled at me. "Hi I'm Haley. I heard you were looking for Ronny's room. She's in room 115." I sighed. "Thank you so much girl." She smiled at me. "No problem! I heard what you said to her earlier and I believe you. She's a bitch for releasing that video and Ron is an ass for having it in the first place."

"Wait a minute. You know she released it?"

"I mean, yeah. Don't you?"

"Of course I do. I just didn't know anyone else did. I mean outside of a few people I know. How did you find out?"

"I heard her talking about it to some of her friends."

I pulled her to the side. "Are you willing to testify to that in court?"

"Hell yeah."

"Seriously?"

She nodded her head. "Women gotta band together in times of distress. Not shut each other out."

"Heard that. Hey! Lets exchange numbers." I gave her my number and then she called my phone to give me hers.

"Okay. Got it. Thanks Haley."

"No problem."

"We'll talk soon," I said walking away from her.

I headed around the corner to find Ronny's room. When I saw 115 I knocked on the door. Ron answered it. "Oh my G---this is why I couldn't find your ass."

"Why were you looking for me?"

"Because the video went viral and you said you'd take it down. Where's Ronny?" I asked trying to step around him. Ron blocked me. "Ron move. I need to speak with Ronny."

"I can't let you do that."

"What the fuck? Why?"

"Don't worry about it."

"Ron move," I said pushing past him. "What the fuck are you hiding," I said as I stepped into the living area. I started to head toward what I thought might be her room, but Ron stopped me. "Don't move," Ron said. I turned around to fuss Ron out, but was met with a gun in my face. "Ron what are you doing? Where's Ronny?" I tried to keep calm. I could hear a muffled voice coming not far from where I stood. "Ron put the gun down. This is not worth taking a life." Ron looked so upset. "You weren't supposed to be involved. I didn't want you in here."